Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity question?

tag
reno55
Regular Contributor

Comenity question?

So I burned WFNNB/Comenity in my bk with my Victoria's card and have been applying recently and denied by a whole bunch of their backed accounts. I was recently approved by them for an Eddie Bauer card though for $250 limit. 

My question is Comenity the type of creditor if I handle this one account I finally got back in with them with correctly will that likely open the door to their other accounts?

I plan to PIF every time the statement cuts on this card. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Comenity question?

@reno55 wrote:

So I burned WFNNB/Comenity in my bk with my Victoria's card and have been applying recently and denied by a whole bunch of their backed accounts. I was recently approved by them for an Eddie Bauer card though for $250 limit. 

My question is Comenity the type of creditor if I handle this one account I finally got back in with them with correctly will that likely open the door to their other accounts?

I plan to PIF every time the statement cuts on this card. 

Not necessarily.  While Comenity is the main servicer, each Comenity card program is different and their elegibility criteria are all independent.  However, the longer your BK ages and your overall CR profile improves, then there's a better chance you can qualify for any of their other products even if IIB.  You can always see if any offers eventially become available via the shopping cart trick as referred commonly on these forums.

Message 2 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I got shopping cart trick last week on Express who I had burned many years ago in a BK but I would suggest not cold applying for a bit with them and not waste the INQ's... just keep doing right with Eddie Baur and check shopping cart trick at the other stores.

Message 3 of 8
OneDay_750
Frequent Contributor

Does anybody know whether the Comenity Bank app for the VS card is a hard pull if I apply out right for the card versus trying the cart trick?  I was able to get approved for the Express card using the shopping cart trick, but have been unable to get the pop up on the VS page.

thank you. 

CURRENT SCORES: EQ: 628 (12/14/14); TU: 628 (12/10/14); EX: 636 (12/13/14)--All myFICO
STARTING myFICO EQ SCORE:: 507 (11/2013); GOAL SCORE: 700--(All CRAs); GARDENING SINCE: 10/5/14
Message 4 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@trav07 wrote:

Does anybody know whether the Comerico Bank app for the VS card is a hard pull if I apply out right for the card versus trying the cart trick?  I was able to get approved for the Express card using the shopping cart trick, but have been unable to get the pop up on the VS page.

thank you.

if you apply and it's not an offer it's always a hp.

Message 5 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@trav07 wrote:

Does anybody know whether the Comerico Bank app for the VS card is a hard pull if I apply out right for the card versus trying the cart trick?  I was able to get approved for the Express card using the shopping cart trick, but have been unable to get the pop up on the VS page.

thank you.

If you apply by any other method (in-store or online) it will be like any other standard application and will be HP.

Message 6 of 8
reno55
Regular Contributor

I have NEVER had the shopping cart trick work
Message 7 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@reno55 wrote:
I have NEVER had the shopping cart trick work

Be sure to check your Experian report and type the address exactly how it is listed there... If it's not correct address or something you will have to work on that update before you will find it working for you.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.