Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity using SageStream!

tag
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Comenity using SageStream!

So I applied like 3 weeks ago for the Virgin America Visa, got 7-10 day message. Fully expected a denial for way to many inq and new accounts, instead I open the mail today and I see I was denied for lack of credit history -__-, they said their decision was based on information Sagestream LLC provided to them. listed my score as a 478 or something close to that, out of 0-999. they also pulled eq, but looks like they used SS to make the decision, i can post a pic if you guys like?

edit: its for the best though,

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Comenity using SageStream!

I have sagestream and ARS frozen. for a second I thouht that was maybe why comenity shut me down completely on majors and store cards because maybe they couldnt pull an AR from those people? but with the mass amount of cards I had with them it wasnt a shock either way. 

Message 2 of 10
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

I remember being denied because of a report from them last year at some point.   Its a report that you should freeze, most certainly.

But you have to do it by FAX or mail... No phone calls or internet access!

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 3 of 10
ddemari
Super Contributor

yes i froze both pretty easily by fax. they sent me these huge envelopes with info that I can not lost to unfreeze them if I ever did one day lol. 

Message 4 of 10
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

@ddemari wrote:

yes i froze both pretty easily by fax. they sent me these huge envelopes with info that I can not lost to unfreeze them if I ever did one day lol. 

What kind of information was in the reports?  Like a TU/EQ/EX, or something different?

I just faxed over my request to send me a report and to freeze.

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 5 of 10
EmmaGolden
Frequent Contributor

@willwar14 wrote:

So I applied like 3 weeks ago for the Virgin America Visa, got 7-10 day message. Fully expected a denial for way to many inq and new accounts, instead I open the mail today and I see I was denied for lack of credit history -__-, they said their decision was based on information Sagestream LLC provided to them. listed my score as a 478 or something close to that, out of 0-999. they also pulled eq, but looks like they used SS to make the decision, i can post a pic if you guys like?

edit: its for the best though, comenity can go f.

I posted a very similar thread a few weeks ago..different card but I'm sure now they just use sagestream when they want to deny & need a reason,On the bright, They just saved you a headache Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 10
ddemari
Super Contributor

They didn't send reports I don't think. When I get home I'll look at them and update
Message 7 of 10
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@willwar14 wrote:

edit: its for the best though,

This is very interesting information... thanks for the data point!  Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 10
JLK93
Established Contributor

@ddemari wrote:

I have sagestream and ARS frozen. for a second I thouht that was maybe why comenity shut me down completely on majors and store cards because maybe they couldnt pull an AR from those people? but with the mass amount of cards I had with them it wasnt a shock either way. 

How long were Sagestream and ARS frozen at the time your accounts were shut down? Did you have any Comenity apps after they were frozen? Do you have anything else frozen?

Someone recently mentioned having all Comenity accounts closed after freezing Lexis Nexis.

I have had Sagestream and ARS frozen for a couple of years. It hasn't affected my Comenity accounts. However, they were not yet frozen at the time of my Comenity apps.

Some of the Comenity closures seem to defy logic.

As I recall, the basis of the Gander Mountain / Comenity lawsuit was that Comenity was reluctant to approve cards for people with good credit. Gander Mountain believed that Comenity only wanted customers who would pay interest month after month.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@oilcan12 wrote:

@ddemari wrote:

How long were Sagestream and ARS frozen at the time your accounts were shut down? Did you have any Comenity apps after they were frozen? Do you have anything else frozen?

Someone recently mentioned having all Comenity accounts closed after freezing Lexis Nexis.

I have had Sagestream and ARS frozen for a couple of years. It hasn't affected my Comenity accounts. However, they were not yet frozen at the time of my Comenity apps.

Some of the Comenity closures seem to defy logic.

As I recall, the basis of the Gander Mountain / Comenity lawsuit was that Comenity was reluctant to approve cards for people with good credit. Gander Mountain believed that Comenity only wanted customers who would pay interest month after month.

I will continue my vigil of irritating Victoria's Secret by making one purchase, always a sale item, once every 6 months, and paying in full immediately when posting.

*evil laugh*  

My way of tormenting Comenity after reading all the posts.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.