cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity will approve me but never CLI???

tag
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Re: Comenity will approve me but never CLI???

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks, DeeBee. Going to try that. I don't really use it the card, which could be part of the problem. I wish I had known to request a CLI as soon as I got it... So much to learn here!

Yep, gotta use it. I got the GameStop card last November and missed out on the small insta-CLI as well. When I went to try and request another CLI, I was denied because I hadn't generated any activity on the card. I just put $10 on it the other day, waiting for the statement. 

Used the Express card the day I got it to buy a couple pairs of jeans. Will wait for that statement as well, then CLI hopefully Smiley Happy

I hadn't used my Overstock card either, so I just went on their website and ordered a $15 magazine subscription. 

Didn't buy anything with the J. Crew card the day I got it, so I don't have the card number. I have to wait until I have the physical card sometime next week.

I wish I would have known about Comenity and the Shopping Cart Trick 6 months ago, so these accounts could have aged a bit, lol!

Message 11 of 16
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks, DeeBee. Going to try that. I don't really use it the card, which could be part of the problem. I wish I had known to request a CLI as soon as I got it... So much to learn here!

Yep, gotta use it. I got the GameStop card last November and missed out on the small insta-CLI as well. When I went to try and request another CLI, I was denied because I hadn't generated any activity on the card. I just put $10 on it the other day, waiting for the statement. 

Used the Express card the day I got it to buy a couple pairs of jeans. Will wait for that statement as well, then CLI hopefully Smiley Happy

I hadn't used my Overstock card either, so I just went on their website and ordered a $15 magazine subscription. 

Didn't buy anything with the J. Crew card the day I got it, so I don't have the card number. I have to wait until I have the physical card sometime next week.

I wish I would have known about Comenity and the Shopping Cart Trick 6 months ago, so these accounts could have aged a bit, lol!

J.Crew will grow fast. Mine started at $250 and is almost $10K now almost two years later...it's a little ridiculous how fast that one can grow. Some of the others...not so much.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

J Crew sells higher end merchandise so they know you need more spending ability.

I opened J Crew last month via the SCT and once I got the card did a cli request and went to $800. Ordered a $41 t shirt when I was approved and paid it off Monday.

Took wife to the store yesterday and got her a dress, 2 sale blouses and a pair of Capri jeans for $298 total.The two blouses were only $26.99 because of the extra 40% off.

Statement ends April 16th so I will pay $60-$70 before then and pay the rest by May16th then apply for a cli again.

A well heeled shopper at J Crew needs a more substantial limit and they know that.That is why they offer higher limits.

This card can be worked I believe. And all the 4 items she tried on fit perfectly.  Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 16
mt2va
Established Contributor

I did have balances.  I'm just stating they were recently paid off.  My utilization went from very high to nearly 0%.  I guess there is no rhyme or reason to Comenity.   I just find it odd for them to deny my CLI with the same reasons they previously used to deny me for their CC. 

I was approved for Victoria Secret on shopping cart trick, but didn't take it as I'm larger than the sizes they carry.  I don't have any of the other ones mentioned for quickly increasing limits. 

Oh and I tried for CLI as soon as I received all mine and set up my account, but again never an increase ever.  All denials about delinquent accounts, charge-offs, etc which were all true when they initially approved me as well.  Scores were low 600s nearly a year ago when I was approved and mid 600s last time I checked.  Waiting until 3 card report $0 next month to pull them again.  One of the cards is a Comenity card I paid off in January and after 2 billing cycles is still showing nearly maxed out.  How do I get them to report I paid it off??

Starting Scores 10/12: EQ 460 (FICO)/TU 502 (FAKO)/EX 474 (FAKO)
(7/14): EQ 572 (FICO)/TU 624 (FICO)/ EX 612 (FICO)

Current (2016): EQ 605 (FICO)/TU 657 (FICO)/EX 646 (FICO)

Message 14 of 16
mt2va
Established Contributor

Per a couple denials I got in the mail today my EX is 633 TU is 627 and EQ is 601.  And this is before my reports have been updated to show 3 CC paid off.  I'm not going to pay to pull my scores until that happens next month.

ETA I was on the True Value website to message them about why they still haven't reported my $0 balance to the credit bureaus and hit the luv button twice.  Went from $500 to $750 then to $1000.  So maybe not all hope is lost.

Starting Scores 10/12: EQ 460 (FICO)/TU 502 (FAKO)/EX 474 (FAKO)
(7/14): EQ 572 (FICO)/TU 624 (FICO)/ EX 612 (FICO)

Current (2016): EQ 605 (FICO)/TU 657 (FICO)/EX 646 (FICO)

Message 15 of 16
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

J Crew sells higher end merchandise so they know you need more spending ability.

I opened J Crew last month via the SCT and once I got the card did a cli request and went to $800. Ordered a $41 t shirt when I was approved and paid it off Monday.

Took wife to the store yesterday and got her a dress, 2 sale blouses and a pair of Capri jeans for $298 total.The two blouses were only $26.99 because of the extra 40% off.

Statement ends April 16th so I will pay $60-$70 before then and pay the rest by May16th then apply for a cli again.

A well heeled shopper at J Crew needs a more substantial limit and they know that.That is why they offer higher limits.

This card can be worked I believe. And all the 4 items she tried on fit perfectly.  Smiley Happy

You could probably get a CLI every month. I got them for almost 10 months straight. Nowadays they are every 3 to four months but I can click the button two or three times at $+200 a pop before it stops each time. 

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.