cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comentity / Barney's just hard pulled my Experian!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Comentity / Barney's just hard pulled my Experian!

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Only if it is on the card or set of cards you actually use. 90% utilization will still report as such even if you are at 8% overall and will still hurt your score/reports as much. Education is a wonderful thing. 😉

No one said to run one card up to 90%. If you have overall utilization of let's say 12%, no derogs, and need to run one card up to 40%, and 2 to 30-33%, you still can maintain scores in the 700's. That is the importance of extra limits/padding.

I do this regularly, and haven't had my scores drop below ~720's yet.

Message 21 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

Maybe people will stop hitting the "luv button" every 5 minutes on their Comenity cards now...nobody needs 30k on a Barney's card!

Now if Comenity is going to do HPs they should explain it on the website where you submit the increase; however, as the above said, with seeking credit, they always have permission to pull regardless.

Agree, companies will start catching up on the SP SCT.  Too good to be true IMO.  Good thing I only have Express and Jcrew and havent receive any CLI via robot lady.

I also think that having too much CL in a comenity card, will have an effect when requesting a CLI in a regular CC.  I mean really, with all honesty, who needs $30k on a store card? lets be honest here Smiley Happy

Eveyone has their reasons to request CLIs but some users are just out of control (not attacking anyone neither OP) just my two cents.

Message 22 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

Maybe people will stop hitting the "luv button" every 5 minutes on their Comenity cards now...nobody needs 30k on a Barney's card!

Now if Comenity is going to do HPs they should explain it on the website where you submit the increase; however, as the above said, with seeking credit, they always have permission to pull regardless.

Agree, companies will start catching up on the SP SCT.  Too good to be true IMO.  Good thing I only have Express and Jcrew and havent receive any CLI via robot lady.

I also think that having too much CL in a comenity card, will have an effect when requesting a CLI in a regular CC.  I mean really, with all honesty, who needs $30k on a store card? lets be honest here Smiley Happy

Eveyone has their reasons to request CLIs but some users are just out of control (not attacking anyone neither OP) just my two cents.

Have you seen the prices at Barney's? Smiley Wink

Message 23 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

Have you seen the prices at Barney's? Smiley Wink

Does anyone worried about micromanaging utilization really spend that much? Lol.

Message 24 of 38
Jeff532003
Frequent Contributor

There's just two separate mind sets on this forum which is fine but in all honesty the OP mentioned they got HP'd on Barney's as a warning. The thread should have evolved into a who has and hasn't had this issue with commenity so we can see data points. I have no giant limit cards but just the same I'm interested in what commenity is doing. This happens a lot on these threads. It would be nice if we could stay on topic and stop having the majority of them devolve into should or shouldn't, right or wrong debate about how much credit to obtain. If that is the purpose of the OP then by all means but otherwise can we all just try a little harder to stay on topic.
Much appreciated
-Jeff
Capital One Venture- 10k, Quicksilver 3.5k, QS MC- 5.8 k, Venture One 5k| Chase Amazon 2k | American Express PRG- NPSL, JetBlue TrueBlue-2k | Bank of America Cash Rewards- 2k | DIscover IT- 1.3k | Barclay's Rewards MC- 1.3k | Greylock FCU (elan)- 500 | BJ's Perks Mastercard 3k | Overstock - 1k| Express - 750 | J Crew 4.3k | Orbitz Visa 2k| Walmart 700 |
TU FICO 5/14 - 520 | FICO 2/15 - 704 | FICO 6/21 - 702 |
Message 25 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jeff532003 wrote:
There's just two separate mind sets on this forum which is fine but in all honesty the OP mentioned they got HP'd on Barney's as a warning. The thread should have evolved into a who has and hasn't had this issue with commenity so we can see data points. I have no giant limit cards but just the same I'm interested in what commenity is doing. This happens a lot on these threads. It would be nice if we could stay on topic and stop having the majority of them devolve into should or shouldn't, right or wrong debate about how much credit to obtain. If that is the purpose of the OP then by all means but otherwise can we all just try a little harder to stay on topic.
Much appreciated
-Jeff

Very good point Jeff, I'll start. I have never had a HP from Comenity during a CLI request; however, they have HP'd me when I cold app'd for one of their cards.(i.e. when I did not use the SCT or without a pre-approval). I will say though that I only ask for CLIs once every few months; I have never asked for repeated CLIs on the same day. Also, I have always just used the luv button online and have never used the phone.

Message 26 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jeff532003 wrote:
Much appreciated
-Jeff

Well said and we do have far too many threads go off topic.  It's something we all need to work on.

Message 27 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jeff532003 wrote:
Much appreciated
-Jeff

Well said and we do have far too many threads go off topic.  It's something we all need to work on.

It did deviate but I still stand by my original statement. If you request credit, be prepared to be reviewed.

Message 28 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jeff532003 wrote:
Much appreciated
-Jeff
Great points Jeff. Please see my data points and info from the rep on 1st page referencing my experience with Comenity Visa and Mastercards.

Message 29 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jeff532003 wrote:
Much appreciated
-Jeff

It did deviate but I still stand by my original statement. If you request credit, be prepared to be reviewed.

I agree with that 100%

Message 30 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.