Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comerica Bank / Elan Financial Question

tag
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

Comerica Bank / Elan Financial Question

Hi

I want to apply for a Comerica Bank cc and I see where they direct you to Elan Financial.  Does anyone know what CB they pull?  I don't think they would be worth it if they pulled all 3 CB.  I am thinking it might be Ex but I am not sure.  I called and they would not say.

Has anyone applied lately?

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

Re: Comerica Bank / Elan Financial Question

Hi

Comerica Bank is a large, Financial Instituition in the mid-west, and has acquired banks in TX and CA.  By comparison to BOA or Chase, this mega bank is still small but was thinking someone must have their cc.

I may apply anyway I just wanted to know if they pull more than one bureau.  Unless you don't have any cards, I don't think any application is woth more than one CB pull.

Message 2 of 5
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

Got it!

Instant approval, pulled Ex only so I don't know the score but TU is 700 and EQ is 680 so it could be in that range.  I applied for the Signature but approved for the Platinum with a low CL of only $2,500.  About 15 years ago I had a LOC with them for $7.5K so I am hopeful it will grow over time.

Message 3 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

do you know if they are BK friendly?

what is your util like at time of approval?

Message 4 of 5
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

Re: Commercial Bank / Elan Financial Question

Hi

I don't know if they are BK friendly but having lived near their HQ for years, I don't think so.  They are quite conservative which I think is shown in their CL.  My EX utility was about 12%.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.