tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Commence Mastercard Welcome Email

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm still debating between transferring the limit over to Arrival+ and downgrading to Arrival, or just closing both and being done with Barclays for now.

If you have no real use for Arrival+, it's unlikely the regular Arrival will be much better.

Yeah it wouldn't be for using - just keeping a relationship, TL, and AAoA up and up for no annual fee.

Seems easier to just close it and be done with them until/unless they come out with a useful card later on.

AAOA won't be impacted if you close it, at least not for ten years. As far as the TL, you have enough cards that it's unlikely to make a difference

$16,500 less available would make some difference Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 16
hizzaah
Frequent Contributor

In case any one is curious, they're shutting off the SM cards regardless of if you activated your Commence card or not. 

SM was declined at the doctors office today so I called Barclays and they said today was the shut off for SM and it couldn't be turned back on. I'll apparently receive a Commence card in 7-10 days - they couldn't see where I was mailed the first one so if you haven't gotten your card yet you might want to call and check.

QuickSilver - $20,000 | Amex ED $12,000 | Commence $5,000 | IT $2,200 | Freedom $2,000
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another poster was told by the Barclay Sallie Mae CSR the new Barclay Commence Cards were being mailed on the 10th of March ... interesting as the old Sallie Mae was suppose to work until we got the new cards. I know it is Barclays and they can do what they want Smiley Sad
Message 13 of 16
hizzaah
Frequent Contributor

Odd. I was told they mailed out all of the replacement MasterCards last month and everyone should have gotten them by now
QuickSilver - $20,000 | Amex ED $12,000 | Commence $5,000 | IT $2,200 | Freedom $2,000
Message 14 of 16
Kforce
Valued Contributor

I have 2 SM's and have not received replacements.

Used 1 of my cards on Friday, the 3rd, (it worked).

Have stoped all spend, waiting to redeem all due rewards,

then payoff, and again wait a week for a "No Balance Due" statement

then close both cards.

Message 15 of 16
barthooper
Frequent Contributor

@hizzaah wrote:
Odd. I was told they mailed out all of the replacement MasterCards last month and everyone should have gotten them by now

Has anyone? I haven't seen any posts where someone mentions receiving it and I'm sure if that were the case there'd be at least a couple.

Quicksilver - 16k | Discover It - 34k | Citi DC - $21k | Chase Amazon - 8k | Chase Reserve - 19.5k | Chase Preferred - 5k | EX FICO (Discover CSC) 788
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.