Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commence Mastercard Welcome Email

tag
Kforce
Valued Contributor

Commence Mastercard Welcome Email

Commence Mastercard welcome email just arrived.

If they ever let me have my rewards credited, I will

close out my SalieMae/Commence card after a 0 balance

statement on the 15th of the month.

ccc.jpg

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
barthooper
Frequent Contributor

Re: Commence Mastercard Welcome Email

I got this too, despite PCing Sallie to Rewards at the end of last month. I'll laugh if they send me a Commence card for no reason.

Quicksilver - 16k | Discover It - 34k | Citi DC - $21k | Chase Amazon - 8k | Chase Reserve - 19.5k | Chase Preferred - 5k | EX FICO (Discover CSC) 788
Message 2 of 16
Kforce
Valued Contributor

If they waited an extra month to send new cards,

they might save a lot on postage and printing.

I think it will a record month for accounts being closed.

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my "Not Welcome" email today too Smiley Sad  I haven't even updated my siggy and Barclays seems to have replaced all mentions (including graphics) of the SM card with this blah card... Smiley Sad

Oz

Message 4 of 16
Steelersboy
Frequent Contributor

Sock drawer heaven.

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin |Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards|Chase Amazon Visa Rewards|BOA Cash Rewards|Commence MC| Citi Double Cash| Amazon Prime Store Card|Discover It|Chase Freedom|Chase Freedom Unlimited|Amex BCE|Wells Fargo Cash Wise|Barclays Cashforward
$89,500 total card credit FICO Equifax-823, FICO Transunion-774, FICO Experian-769, DTI-20.4%
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm still debating between transferring the limit over to Arrival+ and downgrading to Arrival, or just closing both and being done with Barclays for now.

Message 6 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I dont know who Sallie Mae was but sounded like she had PizazzSmiley Wink. Commence... meh, not so muchSmiley Wink
Message 7 of 16
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm still debating between transferring the limit over to Arrival+ and downgrading to Arrival, or just closing both and being done with Barclays for now.

If you have no real use for Arrival+, it's unlikely the regular Arrival will be much better.

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If you have no real use for Arrival+, it's unlikely the regular Arrival will be much better.

Yeah it wouldn't be for using - just keeping a relationship, TL, and AAoA up and up for no annual fee.

Seems easier to just close it and be done with them until/unless they come out with a useful card later on.

Message 9 of 16
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah it wouldn't be for using - just keeping a relationship, TL, and AAoA up and up for no annual fee.

Seems easier to just close it and be done with them until/unless they come out with a useful card later on.

AAOA won't be impacted if you close it, at least not for ten years. As far as the TL, you have enough cards that it's unlikely to make a difference

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.