Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commerce Bank question for CLI

tag
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

Commerce Bank question for CLI

Hello, does anyone know if Commerce Bank does a hard pull for CLI on there cards? I found the CLI form and it doesn't ask for social, or the standard thing that says they will pull my credit etc etc but going for a mortgage in January so can't afford a hard pull. Just wanting to get my limit up from 6k so I can move 3k from a 9% APR card to take advantage of Commerces 0% offer they gave me. Thanks in advance.
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Commerce Bank question for CLI

AFAIK, it will be a HP.  Unless you received a pre-approved CLI solicitation.  Check with them just to confirm.

Message 2 of 4
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

I'll pass on that then lol. I have enough limit to transfer to it and take advantage of the 0%, just didn't want to use up 50% of my credit line :-/ decisions decisions. Save $ and jeapordize precious points or pay the little extra in interest and keep them points...hmmm
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 3 of 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@cartwrna wrote:
I'll pass on that then lol. I have enough limit to transfer to it and take advantage of the 0%, just didn't want to use up 50% of my credit line :-/ decisions decisions. Save $ and jeapordize precious points or pay the little extra in interest and keep them points...hmmm

If it were me, and again just based on the no risk, no rewards principle, I would do the BT.  For one, you'll save precious $$.  Sure, your FICOs may take a dip (probably nothing huge but YEMV) while the balance is at 50% utilization for that particular tradeline, but on the upside, FICO scoring has no memory on utilization.  So, as long as you are making decent payments to retire the balance within 12 months, your scores will recover over time provided no other cards have any utilization spikes.  In other words, I'd sacrifice precious points over saving $$ in the long run Smiley Wink

Maybe others can provide other perspectives.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.