Community Bank credit cards.

tag
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Community Bank credit cards.

@tattooedhusker wrote:

@john398 wrote:

@tattooedhusker wrote:

I have Kay's, Sportsmans guide, and Gordman's. I know people with far more than that, you shouldn't worry.

I did not know Comedity has a Kays card too.....is that a cobranded visa card?

It is not cobranded, just a store card. I'm not sure if the 'shopping cart trick' works on this one as I applied online. It was to help with utilization at the time when I was rebuilding. I was told it was fairly easy to get with a decent limit, so I went for it.

oh ok, I have a Kay card but its issued in house (Sterling Jewelers Inc.) and not managed by Comedity

Message 11 of 13
tattooedhusker
Established Contributor

@john398 wrote:

@tattooedhusker wrote:

@john398 wrote:

@tattooedhusker wrote:

I have Kay's, Sportsmans guide, and Gordman's. I know people with far more than that, you shouldn't worry.

I did not know Comedity has a Kays card too.....is that a cobranded visa card?

It is not cobranded, just a store card. I'm not sure if the 'shopping cart trick' works on this one as I applied online. It was to help with utilization at the time when I was rebuilding. I was told it was fairly easy to get with a decent limit, so I went for it.

oh ok, I have a Kay card but its issued in house (Sterling Jewelers Inc.) and not managed by Comedity

You are correct, for some weird reason I thought it was a comentiy card, probably because I apped at the same time as the Gordman's card.

NFCU CashRewards $13.5k | AMEX BCE $15k | Lowes $17k | Sportsmanss guide $7.6k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $4.4k |
Walmart $8k | Gordman's $2950
Message 12 of 13
Traytay74

Hi all I have been reading up on Shopping Cart Trick with Comenity Bank and all within two and a half weeks this is what I have obtained via the "pop up":

Sportsmans Guide Visa: 8K   FRN Mastercard: 6K  My Points Visa:1.5K and the store cards: Victoria Secret: 350, J Crew: 500, Avenue: 500, Brylane Home: 600, OneStop Plus: 750, Woman Within: 750, Roamans: 750, Jessica London: 750, King Size: 600, Bill Me Later: 500. My goal was only to get the Visa/Mastercard ones but it seems they wouldn't pop up until I got some of the "store" cards first. I am done and will now go to the Gardening stage. Also, right before all of this my secured BoA card became unsecured with the same 300 limit. I did get a Capital One secured with a $99 deposit but that was an HP-- so I will keep that. My credit scores are in the range of 660-680 across the board. I am trying to get to mid 700's at lease by next year some time. Just wanted to give an update.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.