Reply
Contributor
miay2k4
Posts: 96
Registered: ‎01-05-2008
0

Re: Community Poll: Paper or E-Statements?

Hands down......BOTH.  I want the best of both worlds.
07/2009 TU: 610 EQ: 566 EX:??
12/2009 TU: 626 EQ: 588 EX:??
05/2011 TU: 638 EQ: 622 EX:??
"Don't get caught up chopping wood to the point you forget to sharpen your axe"
Regular Contributor
AboveAverage
Posts: 123
Registered: ‎12-27-2007
0

Re: Community Poll: Paper or E-Statements?

After the crap I went through for my mortgage, and perhaps even before that, I am absolutely for paperless. In fact, I closed my Hooters MC because they did not offer a paperless option (as well as not hooking up a CLI nor a waiver of my AF...). All of my bills are paperless and if I need to get a new mortgage, I can go online for most if not all of my documents. In fact I relish for the day when my employer offers a W-2 that I can view online, much like I can view my stubs (all my stubs are available since I started...for you tree killers who still get paper stubs, honestly, do you keep ALL of your pay stubs?).

 

Paperless is just too convenient. No way would I give that up.

Established Contributor
cobaltnv
Posts: 640
Registered: ‎09-02-2008
0

Re: Community Poll: Paper or E-Statements?


AboveAverage wrote:

...for you tree killers who still get paper stubs, honestly, do you keep ALL of your pay stubs?).

 

Paperless is just too convenient. No way would I give that up.


Actually, I have every paystub from my current position (start date July 2002).  As I previously mentioned I would cheerfully switch to paperless for my bills if they would email me the pdf statement. I do not want to have to log into an account to see my statement--the reminder emails are too easy to lose/forget about. Just MHO as always.
Cheers 

 

TU 810: EQ 813: EX 814 (9/16/09--Loan officer pull)

Helpful Threads
Frequently Requested Threads
Understanding your Fico Score
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue
Posts: 4,923
Registered: ‎04-19-2009
0

Re: Community Poll: Paper or E-Statements?


cobaltnv wrote:

AboveAverage wrote:

...for you tree killers who still get paper stubs, honestly, do you keep ALL of your pay stubs?).

 

Paperless is just too convenient. No way would I give that up.


Actually, I have every paystub from my current position (start date July 2002).  As I previously mentioned I would cheerfully switch to paperless for my bills if they would email me the pdf statement. I do not want to have to log into an account to see my statement--the reminder emails are too easy to lose/forget about. Just MHO as always.

Cheers 


They are not going to do this. Too many security implications. They want you to access your statement via their secured internet connection.

Established Contributor
Posts: 742
Registered: ‎12-19-2008
0

Re: Community Poll: Paper or E-Statements?

[ Edited ]

AboveAverage wrote:

After the crap I went through for my mortgage, and perhaps even before that, I am absolutely for paperless. In fact, I closed my Hooters MC because they did not offer a paperless option (as well as not hooking up a CLI nor a waiver of my AF...). All of my bills are paperless and if I need to get a new mortgage, I can go online for most if not all of my documents. In fact I relish for the day when my employer offers a W-2 that I can view online, much like I can view my stubs (all my stubs are available since I started...for you tree killers who still get paper stubs, honestly, do you keep ALL of your pay stubs?).

 

Paperless is just too convenient. No way would I give that up.


Call me what you will, but I keep all of my paper pay stubs issued to me for the same length of time I am required to keep my tax forms. I found this to be convenient and helpful on occasion.

 

I also like my paper statements for some of the same reasons as cobaltnv does.

 

Does this make me an entire forrest killer?

Message Edited by plasticman on 08-11-2009 08:14 PM
Valued Contributor
Uborrow-Upay
Posts: 2,708
Registered: ‎10-16-2008
0

Re: Community Poll: Paper or E-Statements?

The tally is: 

 

Paper:  12 

E-Statements:  12

Both:   3

 

 

...and no trees, electrons or forum members were hurt in the making of this poll!

 

 

 

 

 

Carry on...

Frequent Contributor
ocheosa
Posts: 372
Registered: ‎06-15-2007
0

Re: Community Poll: Paper or E-Statements?

I am a recent convert to e-statements. All budgets/etc have been set up on spreadsheets for just over 5 years now, so it just made sense to go paperless. Still receive paper statement from those that do not offer electronic (some utilities, local CU bank statements, property tax and the like). Mortgage company - both electronic & paper. I still prefer to keep paper copies of mortgage and financial statements along with tax records. Some old habits just dont change.

 

Still have a few boxes of old paper cc statements to go thru and shred. I have been a pack rat for the better part of my adult life. Since switching over to electronic - much neater and easier to reference!!

 

So guess I'm BOTH. Ratio 80-E & 20-P:smileyvery-happy:

 

01/04/10 TU 778 EQ 731
08/05/09 TU 762 EQ 722
02/12/09 TU 722 EQ 704 EX 690
EQ sensitive to inqs & student loan.
Regular Contributor
AboveAverage
Posts: 123
Registered: ‎12-27-2007
0

Re: Community Poll: Paper or E-Statements?


plasticman wrote:

AboveAverage wrote:

After the crap I went through for my mortgage, and perhaps even before that, I am absolutely for paperless. In fact, I closed my Hooters MC because they did not offer a paperless option (as well as not hooking up a CLI nor a waiver of my AF...). All of my bills are paperless and if I need to get a new mortgage, I can go online for most if not all of my documents. In fact I relish for the day when my employer offers a W-2 that I can view online, much like I can view my stubs (all my stubs are available since I started...for you tree killers who still get paper stubs, honestly, do you keep ALL of your pay stubs?).

 

Paperless is just too convenient. No way would I give that up.


Call me what you will, but I keep all of my paper pay stubs issued to me for the same length of time I am required to keep my tax forms. I found this to be convenient and helpful on occasion.

 

I also like my paper statements for some of the same reasons as cobaltnv does.

 

Does this make me an entire forrest killer?

Message Edited by plasticman on 08-11-2009 08:14 PM

 

 With respect to you and cobaltnv, I am not really an environmentalist. In truth, I'm already a packrat as it is with the paper I do have. If I can lessen the amount of paper I receive, so much the better for me. I don't need e-mail reminders or the like to tell me when I have to pay a bill, because my biweekly paycheck and what's in "My Portfolio" in my BOA account dictates when my bills get PIFed. Since I started my credit repair journey, I have pretty much utilized all things online to make sure my bills get paid. To say that paper is "safer" is a fallacy. It's just as easy for someone to grab my mail if not easier than for someone to "hack" through my secure SSL connection or grab my password.

 

I guess if one has to float, or whatever, then yeah, I guess paper or email reminders would be needed. I will say this much, if I had an online option to pay my bills when I first started dealing with credit, instead of paper bill, envelope and check (oh and the stamp...), I would a) be 850 FICO across the board, and b) would probably not need to be here at all learning how to improve my scores or getting new information when something changes. So I guess in a way, I'm glad I was never 850 to begin with. :smileyvery-happy: 

Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue
Posts: 4,923
Registered: ‎04-19-2009
0

Re: Community Poll: Paper or E-Statements?

[ Edited ]

AboveAverage wrote:

To say that paper is "safer" is a fallacy. It's just as easy for someone to grab my mail if not easier than for someone to "hack" through my secure SSL connection or grab my password.


It isn't a fallacy and this statement isn't even remotely true.

 

ed. Perhaps I miswrote this. (Or I need to go back to remedial reading.) However I got the sense of this reversed escapes me. Physical mail is about the least secure mode of communication ever invented by man. Chances of someone hacking your SSL connection are close to nil (unless their initials are NSA) and grabbing your password is most likely to be an inside job. Smail is not secure!

Message Edited by creditwherecreditisdue on 08-12-2009 03:04 PM
Contributor
NinComPoop
Posts: 93
Registered: ‎03-14-2009
0

Re: Community Poll: Paper or E-Statements?

Paperless if at all possible.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}