cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Companies that will pull alternate bureaus?

tag
ReVeLaTeD
Regular Contributor

Re: Companies that will pull alternate bureaus?

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

I don't guess you're interested in a card from a CU? Most (certainly not all) pull EQ.

I am a member of a credit union - Cabrillo.  They were good on the auto loan which was recently paid off, but their max credit line is only $5,000.  I don't really need anything larger right now, but it would be nice to be having a card that has the potential to get larger when the time comes for it.  Also Cabrillo only takes apps during the week and their online form does not run the check, so I would not have the decision for at least two days.

Credit Cards:
| Cabrillo Credit Union MasterCard @ $3,000 | Chevron Visa @ $2,000 | Amazon Store Card @ $1,800 | HSBC 2% Rewards MasterCard @ $950 (redeemed themselves)
Message 21 of 26
creditguy-378
Regular Contributor

chase pulls tu and citi pulls all 3 where i live in texas and about one of the other posts it is hard to believe that amex pulled anything but experian they have an exclusive agreement with them

always use credit wisely and you won't ever feel like you're working just for the task master
Message 22 of 26
ReVeLaTeD
Regular Contributor

@creditguy-378 wrote:

chase pulls tu and citi pulls all 3 where i live in texas and about one of the other posts it is hard to believe that amex pulled anything but experian they have an exclusive agreement with them

Chase pulled Experian.  Citi, in my experience, always pulls Experian though it doesn't really matter since they auto decline any bankruptcy showing regardless of age.

Credit Cards:
| Cabrillo Credit Union MasterCard @ $3,000 | Chevron Visa @ $2,000 | Amazon Store Card @ $1,800 | HSBC 2% Rewards MasterCard @ $950 (redeemed themselves)
Message 23 of 26
android01
Valued Contributor

@ReVeLaTeD wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

I don't guess you're interested in a card from a CU? Most (certainly not all) pull EQ.

I am a member of a credit union - Cabrillo.  They were good on the auto loan which was recently paid off, but their max credit line is only $5,000.  I don't really need anything larger right now, but it would be nice to be having a card that has the potential to get larger when the time comes for it.  Also Cabrillo only takes apps during the week and their online form does not run the check, so I would not have the decision for at least two days.

Do you have to do it TODAY?  Tomorrow is Monday, and is waiting until Wednesday  to find out really THAT hard?  Also there's nothing wrong with "only" a $5,000 credit line.  With a BK on file, I might shoot for that before I thought about a five figure plus card from a major bank.  Your CU knows you and is more likely to give you the highest limit and the best terms.  It might be a good step towards your credit goals if you get it, let it age, let your CR's (and you) mellow out and take another step in 6-12 months.    

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 24 of 26
ReVeLaTeD
Regular Contributor

Read again.  I don't want a 5 figure card.  I want a card that has the potential to BE a 5 figure card when I'm ready.

The other problem with the credit union is actually one of those "Gift and curse" deals.  When you run the check, someone will then call you to talk about the report, and they will specifically zero in on the Discover inquiry.  That's annoying.  If I hadn't applied with Discover first I might have gotten approved for the CU, but then Discover would have given the "too many inquiries" nonsense.  Can't win for losing.

As far as "can't you wait", here's the problem.  I work extremely hard during the week.  TO the point that it feels like I can't get much done except Saturday and Sunday which are my catchup days.  If it weren't for my company having Good Friday off I'd never have gotten my windows tinted.  I'm trying to get decisions all in one day, so that 2 years from now, they'll all fall off together instead of staggering them out.  If I do the online app and it sits there and the credit inquiry doesn't hit until Tuesday, that means I've got a gap that I don't want.  I learned that lesson a LONG time ago.

Credit Cards:
Message 25 of 26
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@creditguy-378 wrote:

I have read other posts, once in a blue moon, about AmEx pulling a different report.

One thing that does sometimes happen is if, when they pull EX, they think the report is too skimpy or something, they'll go ahead and pull the others as well.

At any rate, I sure wouldn't want to play the odds on them not pulling EX, because those aren't good odds. Smiley Wink

Citi pulled EQ for me in Tennessee, but they really do vary a lot by geography and by product.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.