Valued Member

Company card question

I have poor credit and am in the process of rebuilding. I was recently issued a company Master Card, I just discovered that the bill comes to me in my name and I am expected to file expense reports for charges incurred and pay the bill.

Will this show up on my credit report as my line of credit? I am wondering if I should skip the secure card I was going to get, if this counts as "my" 5k credit card then there really is no point in paying fees, right?
Moderator Emerita

Re: Company card question

Some people's work-issued cards do. DH has a green corporate AmEx, and it's never shown up once in 20 years.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Senior Contributor

haulingthescoreup wrote:
Some people's work-issued cards do. DH has a green corporate AmEx, and it's never shown up once in 20 years.

My green corporate AmEx also has never appeared on my reports, whereas my personal AmEx Gold always does.
TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Established Contributor

I have a green amex and a chase mastercard for business, neither show on my credit reports.
"WTB Access Number"
Established Contributor

Same here, I have a Gold Amex business card but other than having my name on it, I have nothing to do with paying it or getting it on my CR's.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

"No good deed goes unpunished"

There is nothing more simple, nothing more complex than the relationship between Country Boy and Dog.
Established Contributor

Man i wish my business cards reported on my credit, the mastercard has a 10k limit and the amex is unlimited, yeah i could go buy a house on it.. id get fired.. but yeah.
"WTB Access Number"
Regular Contributor

usually company cards do not show up on your personal credit report - unless you do not pay it.
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.