Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Company card question

tag
sudofdisk
Valued Member

Company card question

I have poor credit and am in the process of rebuilding. I was recently issued a company Master Card, I just discovered that the bill comes to me in my name and I am expected to file expense reports for charges incurred and pay the bill.

Will this show up on my credit report as my line of credit? I am wondering if I should skip the secure card I was going to get, if this counts as "my" 5k credit card then there really is no point in paying fees, right?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Company card question

Some people's work-issued cards do. DH has a green corporate AmEx, and it's never shown up once in 20 years.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 7
MattH
Senior Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
Some people's work-issued cards do. DH has a green corporate AmEx, and it's never shown up once in 20 years.

My green corporate AmEx also has never appeared on my reports, whereas my personal AmEx Gold always does.
TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a green amex and a chase mastercard for business, neither show on my credit reports.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here, I have a Gold Amex business card but other than having my name on it, I have nothing to do with paying it or getting it on my CR's.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Man i wish my business cards reported on my credit, the mastercard has a 10k limit and the amex is unlimited, yeah i could go buy a house on it.. id get fired.. but yeah.
Message 6 of 7
Niki9
Regular Contributor

usually company cards do not show up on your personal credit report - unless you do not pay it.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.