cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Company just applied for a Business Chase card, and it dinged my scorewatch.

tag
ac921ol
Frequent Contributor

Company just applied for a Business Chase card, and it dinged my scorewatch.

why would it have dinged my scorewatch, it said there is a new inquiry, the card was for the Ink Plus, and they used my SS and TIN on the application.

"Score Watch® sends you an alert of a new inquiry when there has been an application for a new credit account in your name."

12/28/13 (Garden Start Date)

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Beane
Regular Contributor

Re: Company just applied for a Business Chase card, and it dinged my scorewatch.

Because they pulled your credit.  Especially if they used your SS#.  Seems pretty standard.

FICO EQ: 733 TU: 727 CS FAKO EX: 737                                                                                               In the garden since 5/9/13
Message 2 of 5
ac921ol
Frequent Contributor

Re: Company just applied for a Business Chase card, and it dinged my scorewatch.

you my friend are correct, small business credit cards such as the Ink Plus or Ink Bold from Chase, or the Business Gold Rewards from AE are guaranteed by you personally, so when you apply for one of these cards, the issuer does an inquiry on your personal credit (so there is a little ding of 2-5 points typically) and uses that to determine whether or not to let you open the new card.

and

Also note that since business cards sit on your business credit report and not your personal one, when you cancel one it should not negatively affect your personal score or the amount of available credit you have to you personally.

just weird, why pull regular credit if you are going to put it on the business report.

*Ill remove myself from the garden, I guess this is a Win/Win, I get 50k UR points and I can use it for gas and and company cellphone and Ill pay my verizion fios bill, which 2 of those are 5x and the gas is 2x, and its only a 5 point drop tho so Im sitting at 747.

12/28/13 (Garden Start Date)

Message 3 of 5
user5387
Valued Contributor

They pull personal because of the PG, and because many people have no business credit report in the first place.

Some small business CCs report to personal credit, and some don't.

Also, when you close a personal or small business CC, it doesn't automatically harm your score.  The closed account contributes to your AAoA for a further period of years.  If your utilization goes up as a result of closure, that might harm your score.

Message 4 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@ac921ol wrote:

why would it have dinged my scorewatch

Did you read the terms?

https://www.firstusa.com/cgi-bin/webcgi/webserve.cgi?card=F5QK&page_type=appterms&a=undefined

Individual and Company Liability: You understand that by responding to this offer you agree to be personally responsible, both individually and jointly with the Company, for payment of all balances incurred on all cards and accounts issued pursuant to this application now or whenever such additional accounts may be established in the future. You understand that if you leave the employment of the Company, you will continue to be responsible for the outstanding balances on the accounts. You must notify us immediately to close the accounts and prevent further usage.

Before we approve you for a credit card, we will review your credit report, the Company's financial information, and the information you provide with your response to confirm that you meet the criteria for this offer. Based on this review, you may not receive a card. We may request additional information for a credit access line above $25,000.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.