Did you mean: 

Comparison of Credit Cards in Wallaby

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Comparison of Credit Cards in Wallaby

@Anonymous wrote:

@matthew2115 wrote:

I've used Wallaby pretty extensively, and there is a feature you can enable if you don't like how it's valuing points for you.  Go to: Menu -> Settings.  Scroll down and under "Advanced" there is a button to "Change Reward Values."  Now you can edit each card you've added and adjust the value of the points to your liking.

Thanks for pointing this out.  It's valuing the NFCU card at $.02 per point and I know that's way too high

If you redeem for travel you get .02 per point...  That's my plan at least

Oz

Message 21 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's clutch dude. I've been using ThePointGuy To-Go app and had no idea that this powered the wallet system in it. This is going to be so useful. Guess I don't need to use the Visa Supplier Locator on-the-go anymore. That thing was terrible to navigate on my phone.

Message 22 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You know what?  This app is actually more useful than WalletUp - WalletUp is like Wallaby Lite, haha.

Funny that they both suggest I apply for a Discover It Chrome EVEN THOUGH I carry a Discover It already.  Ah advertising partnerships Smiley Wink

I wish they would show where a reward was missed too - "If you would have used X card, you would have earned $X (or X miles) on this transaction" or something - yeah it's after the fact but it would be interesting for informational purposes.

Agreed. For my Freedom card, in the last 90 days, it's telling me I've earned $6.99 in rewards on my Freedom card, yet missed $11.49, but the only spend during all of 2015 on Freedom is in Q1, for Category spend in Groceries and Starbucks. Smiley Indifferent Did I miss a memo?

I have a non-rewards card attached and when I spend on it it shows my rewards missed there as what I would have earned if I used my rewards card (I think).  It's hard to decipher but what I'm assuming is happening to you is that Wallaby thinks that you would have gotten better rewards with a different card.  The website is worthless except for adding cards to your wallet (so those having issues may want to try the website instead of the app) so no joy there.

Message 23 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You know what?  This app is actually more useful than WalletUp - WalletUp is like Wallaby Lite, haha.

Funny that they both suggest I apply for a Discover It Chrome EVEN THOUGH I carry a Discover It already.  Ah advertising partnerships Smiley Wink

I wish they would show where a reward was missed too - "If you would have used X card, you would have earned $X (or X miles) on this transaction" or something - yeah it's after the fact but it would be interesting for informational purposes.

Agreed. For my Freedom card, in the last 90 days, it's telling me I've earned $6.99 in rewards on my Freedom card, yet missed $11.49, but the only spend during all of 2015 on Freedom is in Q1, for Category spend in Groceries and Starbucks. Smiley Indifferent Did I miss a memo?

I have a non-rewards card attached and when I spend on it it shows my rewards missed there as what I would have earned if I used my rewards card (I think).  It's hard to decipher but what I'm assuming is happening to you is that Wallaby thinks that you would have gotten better rewards with a different card.  The website is worthless except for adding cards to your wallet (so those having issues may want to try the website instead of the app) so no joy there.

Wait... I wonder if the rotating categories for Freedom / Discover are confusing Wallaby - $11.49 is a decent chunk cashback so I wonder if when it switched to Restaurants a few days ago it's now thinking that all of your grocery earnings were 1% back and something else would have earned you more.

Message 24 of 30
happypill
Valued Contributor

Great app recommendation.  My card selection is pretty straightforward right now (Sallie Mae for gas, groceries, amazon, Venture for everything else); but the app is great for testing out how additional cards would fit in.

Message 25 of 30
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Wait... I wonder if the rotating categories for Freedom / Discover are confusing Wallaby - $11.49 is a decent chunk cashback so I wonder if when it switched to Restaurants a few days ago it's now thinking that all of your grocery earnings were 1% back and something else would have earned you more.

That is probably what happened. I added up all the Grocery spend listed, including a $25 Starbucks reload, it is $599.26 displayed in Wallaby. I've got the option set for the extra 10% of points because I have Chase Checking, 1.1% is about $6.59 in rewards.

I am also playing games with my Wallaby wallet. I have added (and removed) the Golden1 CU Rewards card for analysis. I don't have that card yet, which is 3% Groceries, Gas and Dining Out... 3% of my $600 spend is $17.98, or a "better reward" of about $11.38.

However, even after removing the Golden1 card, it has not recalculated a different reward earned/missed mix for Freedom.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 26 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I love Wallaby. I've been using it for a few weeks now and it's extremely accurate. I love that on top of the best card to use suggestion, it gives me each card's balance, utilization, APR, due date and payment due. Even better, it gives me my total CL, total balance owed, and total utilization to be on top of my goal to be at 5% or under.

Message 27 of 30
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

Thanks!

Message 28 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can't add store cards with wallaby right? Or care credit?
Message 29 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
You can't add store cards with wallaby right? Or care credit?

This is the answer from their FAQs:

"During the beta, we support major cross-store credit cards and those co-branded with stores. We do not support private label cards at this time, but are working with major retailers to provide this capability for our cardholders."

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.