Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compass, PNC or 5/3 Bank

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Compass, PNC or 5/3 Bank

I'm looking to open another Credit Card that pulls TU. Which one of these 3 is better as far as initial CL? Also, who is more sensitive to new INQ (I might open 2 cards, want to make sure I apply in the right order). Thank you

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Compass, PNC or 5/3 Bank

bump

Message 2 of 15
felixfly2000
Contributor

My 5/3 account  opened 11/2007 started at 6600. I don't recall who they pulled. Had one CLI to 8100 8 mos or so later and nothing since. I called for an CLI but of course they wanted a hard pull and I passed. Starting interest 15.99 currently 23.99. Hope that bits helps.

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

bump

Message 4 of 15
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Compass used to be good, I had an account with them about 4 years ago. Not sure how they are now though.

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 5 of 15
CHARGE_IT
Regular Contributor

Compass is very conservative in every way. (you are taking my advice from the other thread, this is a Spanish owned bank)

You should take the other advice from that thread and not apply at all. This is going to look desperate to any lenders that look at your reports.

CI

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

nothing bad in applying every 6-8 months and getting the cards you want from good banks... It is more of a question of finding right banks I guess

Message 7 of 15
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

My understanding is you should only apply for cars annually, not every 6-8 months.

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think this more depends on the banks you are applying with... Had never had a problem with US BANK, USAA or my local CU... Have a feeling Navy Fed will be the same way

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, enough off-topic Smiley Happy Any advice on PNC, 5/3 Bank or BBVA Compass?

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.