Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Completely disillusioned with Chase

tag
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Re: Completely disillusioned with Chase

@Anonymous wrote:

I just closed mine and transferred the limit.  The APR is kind of ridiculous even if your credit is good.

The minute I ever get Sallie Mae, Amazon Visa is out the door for me and I'd immediately transfer the limit over to my AARP or Sapphire though but I know that card is gonna be a pain in the butt for me to try to get again knowing Barclays backs it. Amazon Chase is right now the closest thing I ahve to that card in particular and I think if I get Freedom much later in the year, consolidating limits will come up again.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 11 of 61
Habibimo
Regular Contributor

I was told same thing to call back in 6 months. When i tried 3rd time ( i tried every 6 months), they lowered it all the way to 11.99%. I hope they can work with you as well.
|| Amex BCE $18,000 || QuickSilver WMC $8,500 || Freedom Visa Signature $10,000 || Discover IT $11,800 || BestBuy $2,800 || Venture Visa Signature $17,750 || NASA FCU Platinum Cash Rewards $7,000 || Amazon Store Card $20,000 || Overstock $11,500 || Lowe's $25,000 || NFCU Platinum $9,600 || Chase Marriott $10,000 || Chase FU $15,7000 || NFCU CLOC $15,000 ||
Message 12 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

They may be a pain in the butt but they still have the best travel reward cards of all the banks, so I'll continue to deal with them

Message 13 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

They may be a pain in the butt but they still have the best travel reward cards of all the banks, so I'll continue to deal with them

Chase is my 1st love and I am not going anywhere.  I love dealing with them...

Message 14 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chalupaman wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I just closed mine and transferred the limit.  The APR is kind of ridiculous even if your credit is good.

The minute I ever get Sallie Mae, Amazon Visa is out the door for me and I'd immediately transfer the limit over to my AARP or Sapphire though but I know that card is gonna be a pain in the butt for me to try to get again knowing Barclays backs it. Amazon Chase is right now the closest thing I ahve to that card in particular and I think if I get Freedom much later in the year, consolidating limits will come up again.

@Popa,

Thats what I did.  I replaced the Salliemae card with it.

Message 15 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, that was very helpful. I had an experience them too. Nice in the bank. Not so much in the credit card arena.

Message 16 of 61
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Popa,

It was the main reason I wanted to have any of their cards. Hopefully with having more history on my current card with them they might loosen up later on. 

For the most, I love Chase too. They've been really good to me since I got in with them but much more fickle with me before I was able to get my foot in the door. Besides the occasional encounter with one of those really picky recon people, they've been great and gave me highest starting limit at the time right off the bat when I got in. Amex I feel the same way about and they were my all time favorite lender for a long while. BoA and Discover are also good in that department most of the time.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 17 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chalupaman wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Popa,

It was the main reason I wanted to have any of their cards. Hopefully with having more history on my current card with them they might loosen up later on. 

For the most, I love Chase too. They've been really good to me since I got in with them but much more fickle with me before I was able to get my foot in the door. Besides the occasional encounter with one of those really picky recon people, they've been great and gave me highest starting limit at the time right off the bat when I got in. Amex I feel the same way about and they were my all time favorite lender for a long while. BoA and Discover are also good in that department most of the time.

Agreed.. I don't know about BOA though..  I have tried to ease my hatred for them but it is not working. I will keep trying to find good reasons thoughSmiley Happy

Message 18 of 61
joedtx
Valued Contributor

@chalupaman wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Popa,

Diversication is your friend...... not any single bank, if you have too much exposure to multiple products from ONE creditor (chase) you are putting to many eggs in one basket.

Message 19 of 61
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Gonna try the Twitter thing and maybe, just maybe they will help me out. They are closed now, so they'll get back to me Monday I guess :-)

Message 20 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.