And I do as well Nixon.

Only have one, not optimal apr, but I like it also. Smiley Wink

Signature needs updating
Message 53 of 61
bigbang91
Established Contributor

Re: Completely disillusioned with Chase

@kdm31091 wrote:
Good point! Since I'm gardening anyway all I can do is wait and see Smiley Happy

2 years i've been with Chase, and stuck with 18.99% on the Freedom,the other 3 are 15% ish. I have banking relationship with them for 5 years,opened a saving with them and earn merely 0.1% or so interest while i can earn 6% annualy at foreign bank. Anyway,i called,chat,email,nothing works to get my APR reduce. I would be piss but since they approved me for every app and CLI request,i'm grateful and so i let the apr matter slide.

Message 54 of 61
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

I have no idea what the APRs are on my Chase cards.  They're all rewards cards so the APRs are irrelevant. 

If I had to think of something to jump on the bash Chase train with I would have to go with the lack of a SP CLI option.  Though to be honest it's just an excuse to get on the train.  I recieve CLIs on my Chase cards fairly regularly, though not always on the card I want it on.  The last CLI I got was on CSP which I rarely use.  I would have much rather that have gone to AARP.  Which simply means I have to make a quick call to move the limit over.  Not a big deal since their front line CSRs are actually capable of handling basing requests.

But yeah...  A SP CLI option would definitly be nice.

Message 55 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

My only complaint about Chase is their card selection is TOO tempting.

Message 56 of 61
Turbobuick
Established Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

I'd be curious to hear, too, barbaralee. I haven't seen a Chase Amazon holder on here with an APR below I think 19%.

My Chase Amazon Sig Visa is 13.24%.  Just the way it came.

I remember when all my cards had single digit interest, but few rewards. That was decades ago. The banks are now just robbing those that carry balances. Rob Peter to pay Paul, I guess.

Message 57 of 61
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Well, they responded to me on Twitter with the exact same thing they always say: "Your APR on your account is the lowest available". That was a big help....not

You know, I'd be less annoyed if they would say "Your APR cannot be changed right now, but once your account is ______ months old, call us again and we'll see what we can do" but no, they basically just say sorry, screw you.

Message 58 of 61
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

It just disillusions me with them.

If you read and post about this all the time about Chase then why were you illusioned in the first place?

@kdm31091 wrote:

I just feel like Chase is not truly committed to improving the customer's card over time, and having to reapply or app for something else that I don't want, and then move limits around, is stupid. I find them to be one of the more overrated issuers at this point.

You don't have to use them if you feel that way.  There are plenty of other creditors out there.  As with any topic, overrated and underrated are highly subjective and are really irrelevant as one shouldn't rely on popularity.  One should uses one's own specific needs/wants to determine what works for the individual.  I personally find all my Chase cards useful.  Never received a CLI either but I know I've hit my internal limit.  My wife, other hand, has received several significant CLI's.  As always, YMMV.

@kdm31091 wrote:

Most of the travel (AF) cards have decent APRs, but what about for the rest of us? I guess Chase is primarily geared towards travellers as their small selection of non travel cards all seem to give people fairly high APRs. I've seen a few 13.99% Freedoms around here but not many.

Again, you need to consider your sources.  myFICO has a lot of builders and rebuilders.  My Freedom is 13.99%.

Message 59 of 61
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Lol, because I didn't know they were this strict about not reducing APRs (not just right now, but since they can't seem to say it will ever be able to be reduced, even after a year or something). I was never totally illusioned with them, but I like the Amazon Card for some of the benefits. I don't like how they refuse to improve your account over time. Not one person I've spoken to with Chase has given me the impression that it will be reduced over time, even in a 1 year or 5 years. A few people have chimed into this thread with APR reductions from Chase, but I still don't see it happening often. I'm going to call the EO one more time to see if they can at least offer a timeline, but if not this card is definitely on the chopping block. I won't close it right now because it's a nice limit for utilization but I'm not keeping it for good.

I do not rely on popularity at all, since Amazon Visa is not one of the especially popular cards from them. I just was pointing out that many people sing the praises of Chase left and right, and for me personally, I don't see it. But it's okay -- you're right in that I can simply choose another creditor, which I will do when I'm done gardening, and close this account.

Message 60 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.