Comprehensive list of American Express-issued credit cards

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Comprehensive list of American Express credit cards

@HiLine wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@Dubious wrote:

Well, for USAA it could be because that's what the card is called. https://www.usaa.com/inet/pages/banking_credit_cards_main?wa_ref=lf_product_bank_cc

"USAA American Express" I would guess that usually if you say BofA Amex or USAA Amex you're referring to a specific card from that issuing bank. For example, the BofA Amex I'm sure is specficially the BoA Accelerated Rewards as opposed to Travel rewards or bankamericard yada yada. Although it's weird that at the same time people don't say "my BoA Visa" or "BoA mastercard" there's also MANY BoA-issued visas so it just wouldn't be informative enough.

You're right, it has never occured to me that's what the card would be called.  LOL

I didn't notice hat most, if not all, Amex-processed cards have American Express in the name, until you guys brought that up actually. Robot tongue

Huh, nor did I.  That's a most interesting little tidbit in my opinion, vis a vis the restaurant bill folders.  Amex's marketing machine may even be better than Cisco's old marketing arm.

        
Message 31 of 57
noober0x
Established Member

@FinStar wrote:

@noober0x wrote:

Plum card maybe?  Or is that one licensed but not issued by Centurion bank either?  That one seems to be the weirdest of all the Amex cards.

The Plum Card is a business card product also issued by AMEX FSB (Centurion Bank affiliate).  It is part of their OPEN business card array of products which also includes the Lowe's Business Rewards Card.

Helps if I actually read the original post then, huh? 

I will say though, that should be considered for addition as it is basically it's own card. 

Chase Sapphire Preferred - $18,000; Chase Freedom - $4,500; Chase Amazon - $3,000; Chase Ink Bold - NPSL; Amex Plum - NPSL; Amex True Earnings - $30,000; eBay Mastercard - $1,500; Capital One Platinum - $500; Logix Platinum Rewards - $15,000
Message 32 of 57
JonStur
Established Contributor

I always wanted the Clear..thought it was kinda cool looking...oh well..

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 33 of 57
HiLine
Blogger

@noober0x wrote:

Plum card maybe?  Or is that one licensed but not issued by Centurion bank either?  That one seems to be the weirdest of all the Amex cards.

Good call! The Plum and the Lowe's Business are issued by Centurion bank, so they are "true" Amex cards. I will add them to list. Smiley Happy

Message 34 of 57
Dubious
Frequent Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

@noober0x wrote:

Good call! The Plum and the Lowe's Business are issued by Centurion bank, so they are "true" Amex cards. I will add them to list. Smiley Happy

But arent both of those business cards, which you said you wouldnt add?

Message 35 of 57
HiLine
Blogger

If you read my first post again, you'll notice that I include business-only cards and exclude business versions of consumer cards. Smiley Happy The reason is that if the consumer card is issued by Amex then the business version is issued by Amex as well!

Message 36 of 57
HiLine
Blogger

Message 37 of 57
NonSufficientFunds
Frequent Contributor

Message 38 of 57
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@Rackham94 wrote:

Does this include discontinued ?

If so maybe

Zync-Charge

Optima-Revolving

Clear-Revolving

+1 ! !  

Lots of us out there who still have/use the Unicorn and Phantom ! ! !

Message 39 of 57
HiLine
Blogger

@NonSufficientFunds wrote:

Does the Harrods AmEx Card count:

http://www.americanexpress.com/uk/personal/poc-cards/img/template/cards/harrods_card_large.png

It is, but it's a UK card isn't it? 

@thom02099 wrote:

@Rackham94 wrote:

Does this include discontinued ?

If so maybe

Zync-Charge

Optima-Revolving

Clear-Revolving

+1 ! !  

Lots of us out there who still have/use the Unicorn and Phantom ! ! !

Anybody else support adding discontinued cards? 

Message 40 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.