cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computer files containing Email addresses of US bank/Chase card holders compromised at epsilon

tag
vish1
Valued Contributor

Computer files containing Email addresses of US bank/Chase card holders compromised at epsilon

I got this email from US Bank saturday night:

As a valued U.S. Bank customer, we want to make you aware of a situation that has occurred related to your email address.

We have been informed by Epsilon Interactive, a vendor based in Dallas, Texas, that files containing your email address were accessed by unauthorized entry into their computer system. Epsilon helps us send you emails about products and services that may be of interest to you.

We want to assure you that U.S. Bank has never provided Epsilon with financial information about you. For your security, however, we wanted to call this matter to your attention. We ask that you remain alert to any unusual or suspicious emails.

Please remember that U.S. Bank will never request information such as your personal ID, password, social security number, PIN or account number via email. For your safety, never share this or similar information in response to an email request at any time. To learn more about recognizing online fraud issues, visit:
http://www.usbank.com/cgi_w/cfm/about/online_security/online_fraud.cfm

In addition, if you receive any suspicious looking emails, please tell us immediately.
Call U.S. Bank Customer Service at 800-US-BANKS (800-872-2657).

The security of your information is important to us, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. As always, if you have any questions, or need any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

I googled a bit and it looks like not only US bank, but chase, kroger, walgreens and tivo users data is also compromised. Though they are saying its only names and emails. (hope so).

I have read in another post that DI also got a similar mail from US Bank. Wondering if all US Bank card holders got something like this mail? Will chase send out some notification? Any chance more was stolen and banks underplaying this?

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 1 of 68
67 REPLIES 67
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Computer files containing Email addresses of US bank/Chase card holders compromised at epsilon

I'm now ready for my one year free credit monitoring  subscription.

Message 2 of 68
junior88
Frequent Contributor

Re: Computer files containing Email addresses of US bank/Chase card holders compromised at epsilon

I received this last night, also. I'm not a US Bank CC holder, but I do have a checking account with them.

11/13/23 TU 808 EX 800 EQ 806 ---- Discover $35,000/AmEx Delta Plat $30,000/Chase United $26,200/BOA $25,000/Macys AmEx $25,000/Sams Club MC $20,000GM Card $18,000/Chase IHG $16,000/Barclay Rewards $12,100/Dicks MasterCard $10,000/Lowes$15,000/BOA Cash Rewards $13,800/Citi Double Cash $9400/Citi Simplicity $8200/Target MC $8000/Wells Fargo Visa $7000/State Farm $4000
Message 3 of 68
vish1
Valued Contributor

so its not just card holders its all their account holders who may be impacted.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 4 of 68
Strepthroat
Frequent Contributor

I received this same e-mail from US Bank and Barclays. 

Chase Marriott Visa $25,000 | Chase Southwest Visa $25,000 | PFCU Visa $20,000 | Capital One Savor $20,000 | Nordstrom Visa $20,000 | GUCU Visa $10,500 | CapitalOne Quicksilver Visa $10,000 | US Bank Perks Visa $9,000 | Barclays Cash Forward Visa $6,000 | BB&T Spectrum Cash Visa $3,500
Message 5 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi also has a warning about this before you log on to your account.

Message 6 of 68
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

I have several accounts with US Bank and I have not received any notice as of today.  I wonder if it is an "area" issue.  I live in So Cal.

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 7 of 68
nyqutie
New Contributor

I bank with Chase and there is a message on the main website before you log it, but I didn't receive an email.  This is disturbing but I'm not surprised.

Starting Score: TU 450 EQ 491 (06 2010) Current Score: TU 746 EQ 747 EX 629 (Public Record "not" Mine can't get this darn thing OFF) (06 2013) Goal Score: TU 800 EQ 800 EX 700
Message 8 of 68
DI
Super Contributor

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

I have several accounts with US Bank and I have not received any notice as of today.  I wonder if it is an "area" issue.  I live in So Cal.

U.S. Bank notified its VIP customers only.  Ha

Message 9 of 68
fused
Moderator Emeritus

I have accounts with Chase and CITI. Both websites are alerting me to the problem. This might explain some of the odd emails I've been getting.

Message 10 of 68
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.