Did you mean: 

Concerned about new accounts

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Concerned about new accounts

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsickz32 wrote:

i opened 15 account whitin 3 months and just got a warning from barclays but thats it...

Smiley Indifferent

He bribed Barclays not to shut the card down Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 11 of 21
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@jsickz32 wrote:

you'll be alright as long as you dont let your utl raised alot. i opened 15 account whitin 3 months and just got a warning from barclays but thats it and 3 card were from amex. my utl is at 1% and has been all this past months.

Just curious, what benefit do you see in having the AMEX green and PRG?  I just got the green and keep wondering if i should have went with the gold for the sign up bonus 

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 12 of 21
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

@ryanbush wrote:

@jsickz32 wrote:

you'll be alright as long as you dont let your utl raised alot. i opened 15 account whitin 3 months and just got a warning from barclays but thats it and 3 card were from amex. my utl is at 1% and has been all this past months.

Just curious, what benefit do you see in having the AMEX green and PRG?  I just got the green and keep wondering if i should have went with the gold for the sign up bonus 

i just wanted to have both thats it.

Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 13 of 21
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

good answer! Smiley Happy

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 14 of 21
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

@ryanbush wrote:

lol i mean i got 9 months to decide if i wanna pay the AFs for both but until then i like seeing green and goldpr on my wallet Smiley Happy

Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 15 of 21
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

@SarcasticComputer wrote:

That's the thing. How could it be a problem if I keep zero balances. Right? I mean wouldn't that show that I am responsible?

No, it would not.

Being responsible means paying the nut on each card on time, every time.

Owing nothing means nothing in credit card world.  But if you're actually using those cards, and not just for a stick of gum every so often, and you're paying them off in full each and every month for a while,...then, that's something.

Message 16 of 21
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@jsickz32 wrote:

@ryanbush wrote:

lol i mean i got 9 months to decide if i wanna pay the AFs for both but until then i like seeing green and goldpr on my wallet Smiley Happy

Hey i'm not judging... lol

Message 17 of 21
jnkp2001
Regular Contributor

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

That's the thing. How could it be a problem if I keep zero balances. Right? I mean wouldn't that show that I am responsible?

No, it would not.

Owing nothing means nothing in credit card world.  But if you're actually using those cards, and not just for a stick of gum every so often, and you're paying them off in full each and every month for a while,...then, that's something.

Also, they LOVE interest.  Throwing them a bone every now and then(not paying them off completely every time, But alaways on time!), goes a long way in getting trust with your cards....Smiley Wink

FICO EQ: 633 8/15/12
lender pulled 11/3/12 EQ 661 TU 650 EX598
credit Karma 674 credit sesame: 663
B/K discharged 2/2006......closed 8/2012

May your limits be high and your balances low!

Message 18 of 21
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

I opened 6 new accounts in a 60 day period. I wouldn't worry now that you have them. It will affect your credit score now but after a few months to one year...the effects will have worn off.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jnkp2001 wrote:

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

No, it would not.

Also, they LOVE interest.  Throwing them a bone every now and then(not paying them off completely every time, But alaways on time!), goes a long way in getting trust with your cards....Smiley Wink

Are you really encouraging someone to pay interest on a credit card?  Smiley Mad

Please don't do that.  It's just...wrong.  The CC companies make money from the merchants every time you use their card.  They don't need to dig into your pockets for more.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.