Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concierge Service Report Cap1 WMC

tag
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

Concierge Service Report Cap1 WMC

Most poeple probably don't think of Capital One and Concierge Services.

I was recently upgraded to a World Mastercard with Cap1.  I am trying to ship an antique piece of furniture to the west coast. The services I thought I had quotes for were not the level of service I needed.  I did end up finding two companies that I can ship through but I decided to see if my Amex or WMC had concierge and could help me out.  Well, my Amex does not provide that for the Everyday card (and I was planning to use my Amex to pay for the service for added protection). But my Cap1 WMC does have concierge, so I called them up this evening.

They tool all my info and I gave them the name of the place I have the quote for with the price. The young lady I spoke with was so nice and helpful. She is going to be calling antique shops to investigate who they use for shipment and I will hear back from her by friday.  I am not sure if they can help me save any money or provide any faster of service than I was quoted during my research. But the service is great to me to make sure I am using due dilgence in researching all of my options before spending my $.  She was very nice to talk with and I had never thought about using this service before, but when I was getting frustated with my own research results, I thought....hmm, this might be a perfect opportunity to utilize this benefit.

If she saves me time and $, I may just love my Cap1 card a little bit more!

I'll update later when I hear back from her!

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Concierge Service Report Cap1 WMC

Good to know! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 3
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

Re: Concierge Service Report Cap1 WMC

Thought I would share the results of my experience with the Concierge service from Cap1 WMC.

I requested info a couple of days before the Labor Day holiday weekend. I am not sure it they were working throughout the weekend. My request was submitted wend evening and I was told they would get shipping info to me by friday evening, so I did decide to hold off on booking my shipment until after I had received their results. Friday evening came and went and I never received an email (which is what I was expecting) or a call.  So I thought tueday which was yesterday that I would receive a reply.  Well, I didn't get anything yesterday, so I called this morning. Apparently they had send an email yesterday but had the incorrect email address, so they resent it.

I received 3 quotes. One of the 3 was the company I had submitted to them. I had already received a quote from that particular shipper.  It was about half in price of what they quoted me. So when I called to find out, I was told it was freight shipping and not the white glove service I needed.  The other two quotes were higher so I went with my original shipment quote I had found.

So my experience was decent. They did find two more shippers, one in particular that I would consider using for future needs. So even though it didn't help me today, it did offer me another option for the future.  Both girls I spoke with were very nice and I would use the service again if I ever had a particular need.

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.