Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirmation That BofA Secured CAN be Converted to Cash Rewards

tag
baller4life
Super Contributor

Confirmation That BofA Secured CAN be Converted to Cash Rewards

Just got off phone with analyst converting my secured card. Wish I had done so when I first got it back in December. But, I read here it could not be converted until it unsecured Smiley Frustrated. Oh well, it's done now. Just fyi for those wondering. I will be requesting it be unsecured in June which is my 6 mo. mark. 5 months is the earliest I've seen.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
YahComb
Established Contributor

Re: Confirmation That BofA Secured CAN be Converted to Cash Rewards

We had a huge thread here back 2 years ago Where a bunch of us converted our plain secured cards to secured rewards cards. So its been known around here for a bunch of us.

Still good to have a reminder for everyone. It only makes sense anyways, they sometimes counter you with a secured version of the card you app for if denied.
EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 2 of 3
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Confirmation That BofA Secured CAN be Converted to Cash Rewards

Yeah the Cash Rewards was what I apped for and was countered with the secured Americard. I've read from more than one person that I needed to wait till it unsecured to convert it. Guess I should have dug deeper in my research. Lol. I only lost a few months of rewards. No biggie.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.