cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirmed: Chase Freedom 10+10 Program discontinued...

tag
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

Re: Confirmed: Chase Freedom 10+10 Program discontinued...

This is the first I heard of Chase Freedom and the 10 and 10 program.  I have had a Chase Freedom card since June...is this something I can take part in if I open a checking account now?

Message 71 of 87
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

@EaglesFan2006 wrote:

This is the first I heard of Chase Freedom and the 10 and 10 program.  I have had a Chase Freedom card since June...is this something I can take part in if I open a checking account now?

Highly unlikely

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 72 of 87
jmoneyk
Established Member

Swifttone-

How did you get in the old 10/10 program today?  I thought the deadline was the 10th?

Message 73 of 87
HiLine
Blogger

@trumpet-205 wrote:

This new program doesn't sound any different than the old program, unless old program rounds up decimal points.

You mean the new vs old Exclusives programs? These programs are completely different.

Message 74 of 87
stone
Regular Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

@trumpet-205 wrote:

This new program doesn't sound any different than the old program, unless old program rounds up decimal points.

You mean the new vs old Exclusives programs? These programs are completely different.

In what ways they are different? It looks like the same.

Message 75 of 87
flowfaster
Established Contributor

@stone wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@trumpet-205 wrote:

There is no longer 10 extra points per swipe.  It is now 10% extra on rewards earned per swipe.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 76 of 87
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

@jmoneyk wrote:

Swifttone-

How did you get in the old 10/10 program today?  I thought the deadline was the 10th?

PMed you

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 77 of 87
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

@flowfaster wrote:

@stone wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@trumpet-205 wrote:

There is no longer 10 extra points per swipe.  It is now 10% extra on rewards earned per swipe.

The fine print says there is. In the last previous page it was discussed. From the fine print:

"You will earn 1 base point for each $1 of net purchases. You will earn an
additional 1 point for each $1 of eligible airfare net purchases made online
through the program booking tool. As a Chase checking customer, you will also
earn 1 bonus point for each $10 of net purchases (which equates to 10% of base
points earned), and an additional 10 bonus points for each individual net
purchase."

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 78 of 87
HiLine
Blogger

@stone wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@trumpet-205 wrote:

Well, 10% of points is not equal to 10 points. But it seems the new program is still under construction, since the fine print seems to indicate yet another program (after the "new" program).  We'll see how Chase goes with the new reward structure.

Message 79 of 87
stone
Regular Contributor

UPDATE!

Today I stop by the chase branch. And the banker show me the new version flyer, the program will be 10% more points only and pay out annually, effective after Nov. 11.

Also the banker call someone and confirm with me that the old 10/10 program will grandfathered for one year and will enrolled automatically in month.

Message 80 of 87
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.