cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirmed: Chase Freedom 10+10 Program discontinued...

tag
ssmith891
New Contributor

Re: Confirmed: Chase Freedom 10+10 Program discontinued...

I received my card today and called to activate it and the CSR listed my benefits and she did list the 10 points per swipe as well as 10% bonus. So if you applied before the 11th it looks like your good to go. 

Really though? Grandfathered for only a year? Smiley Sad

Message 81 of 87
DarkScythe
Valued Member

Losing the 10 points per purchase will stink for cheaper purchases, lol.

Took advantage of this last time when Google did their 10-cent app sale celebration.

10 cents - 10 points + 1 point per purchase, = 1 point profit per app... Haha.

New one sounds like it'd be a little better for larger purchases, but honestly, it probably won't add up to too much loss versus the old one.

I would like to see the old 3% program back, though. Smiley Sad

Message 82 of 87
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Okay so the new program drops 10 points per transaction and pays out bonus point annually.

Message 83 of 87
stone
Regular Contributor

@ssmith891 wrote:

I received my card today and called to activate it and the CSR listed my benefits and she did list the 10 points per swipe as well as 10% bonus. So if you applied before the 11th it looks like your good to go. 

Really though? Grandfathered for only a year? Smiley Sad

Yes, from what i have been told, only for one year, program good till the end of 2013.
Message 84 of 87
stone
Regular Contributor

have another question: will chase adjust the points for the transactions before enrolled 10/10 program?

Message 85 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

@stone wrote:

UPDATE!

Today I stop by the chase branch. And the banker show me the new version flyer, the program will be 10% more points only and pay out annually, effective after Nov. 11.

Also the banker call someone and confirm with me that the old 10/10 program will grandfathered for one year and will enrolled automatically in month.

+1 This is exactly what my banker told me, glad there's some consistency within the company

@stone wrote:

have another question: will chase adjust the points for the transactions before enrolled 10/10 program?

I asked a CSR this question over the phone and he wasn't to sure of the answer.

Message 86 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you guys sure the old program (10 point per swipe) will last at the end of 2013? I hope it is true. I really enjoy this program.Smiley Wink

Message 87 of 87
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.