Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirming US Bank Cash + App Process

tag
texastrojan
Established Member

Confirming US Bank Cash + App Process

Seen several threads floating about so just wanted to "help" out anyone on the fence or waiting to apply for the US Bank Cash Plus card.

First off, called the following number: 1-800-444-1244  (thanks Wade!)

CSR was very pleasant, asked which card I wanted to app for and asked if I wanted to do it over the phone--"yes, I think I would."  Read through all the legal mumbo jumbo and disclosures at at one point even made the point that "since you're in Texas with no physical branches..."--so again, no problemo with not being in their footprint.

Took my info, said I would also be considered for the Cash Rewards card if not approved for the Plus, but I could call when I received the card to cancel.  Waited a minute, came back and told me the system was "recommending approval" but it would go under manual review.  Said nothing to be concerned about and this is very typical.  Gave me a number to check the status: 1-800-947-1444 and said "from what [he] saw" it was definitley a cash plus and not the cash rewards I was "approved" for.

Other than some minor ambugiuty concerning a downgrade to a cash rewards and specifically, WHEN one would know for certain if said downgrade occurred (i.e. when you get the card in the mail) the overall process was pleasant and efficient.

All three FICO socres above 765, and 3 new accounts opened in past 6 month (Cap 1 QS, Penfed Cash Rewards, and Sams MC) for comparision purposes for whoever needs it.

Happy apping!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Confirming US Bank Cash + App Process

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 11
axledobe
Frequent Contributor

You should be able to call US Bank Card Member Servies at 1-800-285-8585 (published number on their site) and ask them tomorrow.  They should be able to give you the exact card and probably even your credit limit.  The downgrade does happen but with your scores and the "instant" approval, I think you'll get the Cash+.

Early congrats on your approval no matter what it was (LOL)!  Smiley Happy

FICO SCORES: TU 769; EX 790; EQ 790 ***Gardening indefinitely***

Message 3 of 11
Bman70
Established Contributor

Manual review seems pretty typical for this card. I waited a few days (July 4th weekend), then got a call saying I was approved for the Cash+ at 5k. I asked "This is the Visa Signature version right?" And she said yes. They pulled TU for me, which is currently about where yours is (765ish). 

I went into a branch to apply though.. and opened a checking account just because I was given Platinum interest checking for free; and after you use the Visa debit for $75 in purchases they give $75 in bonus cash. So that makes up a little for the Cash+ lack of bonus points or money. Smiley Happy

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Fingers crossed on the US Bank Cash+.
Message 5 of 11
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@axledobe wrote:

You should be able to call US Bank Card Member Servies at 1-800-285-8585 (published number on their site) and ask them tomorrow.  They should be able to give you the exact card and probably even your credit limit.  The downgrade does happen but with your scores and the "instant" approval, I think you'll get the Cash+.

Early congrats on your approval no matter what it was (LOL)!  Smiley Happy

If I'm reading correctly the Op was approved and listed the process the Op went through to get the Cash+ card.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 6 of 11
Bman70
Established Contributor

Darn iPad... 

It seemed a little ambiguious to me: "Waited a minute, came back and told me the system was "recommending approval" but it would go under manual review. Said nothing to be concerned about and this is very typical. Gave me a number to check the status: 1-800-947-1444 and said "from what [he] saw" it was definitley a cash plus and not the cash rewards I was "approved" for." 

Why the quotes around "approved"? Smiley Happy I thought OP was waiting to hear back from manual review.

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 7 of 11
axledobe
Frequent Contributor

The way I read it, it seemed like he may have been approved for something but was not sure what.  Smiley Happy

FICO SCORES: TU 769; EX 790; EQ 790 ***Gardening indefinitely***

Message 8 of 11
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

US Bank is one of those lenders that likes a human to manually review the applications and uses the computer to filter applicants.  In a way, similar to Penfed (just not typically as generous). 

Message 9 of 11
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@texastrojan wrote:

Seen several threads floating about so just wanted to "help" out anyone on the fence or waiting to apply for the US Bank Cash Plus card.

First off, called the following number: 1-800-444-1244  (thanks Wade!)

CSR was very pleasant, asked which card I wanted to app for and asked if I wanted to do it over the phone--"yes, I think I would."  Read through all the legal mumbo jumbo and disclosures at at one point even made the point that "since you're in Texas with no physical branches..."--so again, no problemo with not being in their footprint.

Took my info, said I would also be considered for the Cash Rewards card if not approved for the Plus, but I could call when I received the card to cancel.  Waited a minute, came back and told me the system was "recommending approval" but it would go under manual review.  Said nothing to be concerned about and this is very typical.  Gave me a number to check the status: 1-800-947-1444 and said "from what [he] saw" it was definitley a cash plus and not the cash rewards I was "approved" for.

Other than some minor ambugiuty concerning a downgrade to a cash rewards and specifically, WHEN one would know for certain if said downgrade occurred (i.e. when you get the card in the mail) the overall process was pleasant and efficient.

All three FICO socres above 765, and 3 new accounts opened in past 6 month (Cap 1 QS, Penfed Cash Rewards, and Sams MC) for comparision purposes for whoever needs it.

Happy apping!

Your most welcome , Glad i was able to help you and congrats on your approval Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.