Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused about BofA New Account Credit Score

tag
SteveNSC
Established Member

Confused about BofA New Account Credit Score

I recently applied and was approved for a BofA Affinity Card.  I received a notice of approval with a credit score.  While it did not refer to it as a FICO score, IT was the same range as a FICO score uses.  Since I had both a soft and hard pull from BofA on EX the date of the application, I am hoping this represents an EX FICO because of the difficulty in obtaining these scores.  I have checked TU and EQ and no soft or hard pull appear from BofA.

However, interestingly, the letter states the Source as EQ, although there is no soft or hard pull as of today (a week later) on EQ and I was under the impression BofA always pulls EX anyway. 

Perhaps this is just an error on the letter??  Anyone else receive this type letter from BofA and find the information incorrect?

Thanks!

Starting Score: Fico TU 696, Fico EQ 632, Plus EX 720 7/12/11
Current Score: Fico TU 762, Fico EQ 727, Plus EX 780
Goal Score: 780

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Confused about BofA New Account Credit Score

Bump!    Anyone?

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its probably a FICO. I believe the letter is sent per the Card Act, and that score is the one they based their info on.

HOWEVER.

It may be also an internal scoring model...many lenders have those, but theyre based off FICO's.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Its probably a FICO. I believe the letter is sent per the Card Act, and that score is the one they based their info on.

HOWEVER.

It may be also an internal scoring model...many lenders have those, but theyre based off FICO's.

+1

Message 4 of 5
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

I asked BOA for a CLI about a month ago and in the denial letter, they said it was based on a EX FICO.  Yea, sure. 

If it was a EX FICO, was surprised how low my EX FICO was (90 pts below TU pulled from this web site and 40 points below EQ from this web site).  So I don't believe them.

No hard or soft pulls on TU or EQ so far but in about 5 days I am eligible to pull for my annual CR from EX so I will see if they softed me on EX.  If they did, it still doesn't prove it is a EX FICO.  

To me with all the funny business now about banks having to report scores, the banks are just throwing around numbers and the fact they said it was a EX FICO score, it could be anything as far as I am concerned.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.