Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused about CSP points transfer vs booking with Chase directly

tag
bigbang91
Established Contributor

Re: Confused about CSP points transfer vs booking with Chase directly

@CraigHwk wrote:

It seems it's really an issue of where I am flying to.   To the Baltimore/DC area, there are practically no Saver Awards available, so everything is 50,000 round trip.  Philly has a couple more, so apparently you need to be ultra flexable when it comes to United.

Tried a flight from DEN to Tampa and there are a lot more Saver Award flights.  Oh well.   Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about United.  I just needed a better understanding of how their Awards system works.  Now I do.  Thank you.

United is not the only option for Ur point transfer. Southwest or Ba also are viable options

Message 21 of 22
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Confused about CSP points transfer vs booking with Chase directly

@bigbang91 wrote:

@CraigHwk wrote:

It seems it's really an issue of where I am flying to.   To the Baltimore/DC area, there are practically no Saver Awards available, so everything is 50,000 round trip.  Philly has a couple more, so apparently you need to be ultra flexable when it comes to United.

Tried a flight from DEN to Tampa and there are a lot more Saver Award flights.  Oh well.   Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about United.  I just needed a better understanding of how their Awards system works.  Now I do.  Thank you.

United is not the only option for Ur point transfer. Southwest or Ba also are viable options

^^

BA Avios are the king of short haul domestic flight options, but just make sure you find availability for what you want before you go transferring willy nilly. 

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.