Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused about GE

tag
colindidit
Established Contributor

Confused about GE

First off I love GE they have been great to me lately... I have successfully gotten increases on every single GE card except AE. I've tried over the phone...underwriting ever number and online but they will not budge even if I do or don't carry a balance...the last CLI I got from them was in may and it was increased to 2800. All my other GE were increased by calling the number for personal account but for whatever reason they won't increase. Is there a cap for this particular card....ihave the non visa...while working there I've seen people get approved for over 4000 for the visa...I also haven't gotten the upgrade offer and it's my oldest card. Help?

Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Re: Confused about GE

Maybe thats the biggest CL the provide with AE store card. Im still surprised as to why they havent upgraded you into a VISA. Very strange. My sister has had hers since April 2012 and has gone from $700(initial CL) to $1,250. Hopefully they upgarde hers thats the whole reason why she got the card.  

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 2 of 10
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Also Id say use it every month (small purchases) allow for it to report on Credit bureaus, and do the same thing for about 6 months, and if they still dont grant you with a VISA upgrade for a CL to at least $3,000 then.....theres not much to do but stay with it and sock drawer it. And only use it here and then.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Message 3 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@colindidit wrote:

First off I love GE they have been great to me lately... I have successfully gotten increases on every single GE card except AE. I've tried over the phone...underwriting ever number and online but they will not budge even if I do or don't carry a balance...the last CLI I got from them was in may and it was increased to 2800. All my other GE were increased by calling the number for personal account but for whatever reason they won't increase. Is there a cap for this particular card....ihave the non visa...while working there I've seen people get approved for over 4000 for the visa...I also haven't gotten the upgrade offer and it's my oldest card. Help?

Give this # a try

1 877 379 8173

This is GE Credit Solutions they deal with all GE retail accounts. Ask them to review your AE account for an increase it is a SP.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 10
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

LMBO! I just dialed the number assuming it would begin with an automated system and it went straight to a rep. hahha I quickly hanged up. But yeah you should try seems like they are open today. CALL THEM!!! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

LMBO! I just dialed the number assuming it would begin with an automated system and it went straight to a rep. hahha I quickly hanged up. But yeah you should try seems like they are open today. CALL THEM!!! Smiley Happy

Nah these dudes are the go getters, they SNAPPING NECKS AND CASHING CHECKS IN THERE!!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 10
colindidit
Established Contributor

That's the number I called and they said we have to leave you there for now...and all my others had no problem..

Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 7 of 10
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

@LS2982 Right!

Message 8 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@colindidit wrote:

That's the number I called and they said we have to leave you there for now...and all my others had no problem..

Then there is no soup for you my friend.............

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 10
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Thats strange MOSTLY ALL of the reviews I read mentioned that once they reach $2000 in CL or it has been 2 yrs since acct was opened that they offer VISA. Makes no sense!!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.