Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused about reportings...

tag
Angko
Regular Contributor

Confused about reportings...

Does a lender/bank reports to a CRA twice - first is right after statement closing, and last after the due date? I noticed on my CR that each month is listed with its balance and the amount that was paid. I've been reading here that lenders only report after the statement closes. If that's the case, how does your payment gets reported if you pay it before the due date which is after the closing date?

Thanks again guys!!! Will check the forum again after an hour or two (piano practice). :-)

Current MyFico Scores as of Dec 2013: Fico EQ: 768 | Fico EX: 775 | Fico TU: 744
*** CSP: 5000 | BoA MC: 6400 | BoA Travel Rewards: 5000 | City TYP: 6500 | Discover IT: 7800 | Amex BSP: 6000 | Amex PRG: NPSL | Macys: 1500 ***
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Confused about reportings...

They usually report when your statement cuts, or a couple days after that. Your due date is generally 3 days before your statement is out.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 4
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

To follow up enharu's answer let me give an example.

My cap one due date is always the 4th of the month.  my statement always cuts on the 7th of the month.  My CR ususally show the new values between the 9th and 10th of the months.

June 4 Due Date

June 7 Statement is cut (This is where the snapshot is taken that is sent to the CRA's)

June 9-10 CR's show the new information

Starting Score: 570 ish
Current Score:EX (701) EQ (711) TU (705)
Goal Score: 750
In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 3 of 4
Angko
Regular Contributor

Thanks Enharu and TimeToRecover for the explanation and for the example. All the while I thought that the statement's closing date is when it gets available for viewing. Hahaha.

Thanks again!!! Smiley Happy

Current MyFico Scores as of Dec 2013: Fico EQ: 768 | Fico EX: 775 | Fico TU: 744
*** CSP: 5000 | BoA MC: 6400 | BoA Travel Rewards: 5000 | City TYP: 6500 | Discover IT: 7800 | Amex BSP: 6000 | Amex PRG: NPSL | Macys: 1500 ***
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.