cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused and Disappointed: Chase Sapphire Preferred closed??

tag
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

Re: Confused and Disappointed: Chase Sapphire Preferred closed??

@Anonymous wrote:

To be fair to the OP, even though he has only made 5 posts, he has been a member since 2012. That seems like a pretty far time in advance to plan a trolling session.

+100000

Message 11 of 24
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Member since 2012 seems pretty legit to me.. Doesn't post persay, but alot of people don't and just research..  Best of luck to you OP.

Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

To be fair to the OP, even though he has only made 5 posts, he has been a member since 2012. That seems like a pretty far time in advance to plan a trolling session.

Wow I didn't even notice that. You are correct. OP I am sorry if I came across  wrong. Which I clearly did. I hope you get  everything sorted. If my account closes I will sure to take pictures an post them. Once again OP, Sorry.

Message 13 of 24
Raftysworld

Thanks guys. I'd still rather close the thread because i didn't see the others. I'm suspicious in my case the issue is actually my credit limits are very high relative to my income (which has recently gone way down too) and that was the underlying reason, but like I said, we shall see when I call if i get any better details. (Income around 30k, total limit around 50k)

Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Raftysworld wrote:

Thanks guys. I'd still rather close the thread because i didn't see the others. I'm suspicious in my case the issue is actually my credit limits are very high relative to my income (which has recently gone way down too) and that was the underlying reason, but like I said, we shall see when I call if i get any better details. (Income around 30k, total limit around 50k)

If you don't mind me asking, how many chase cards do you have? 

Message 15 of 24
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

@Raftysworld wrote:

I'm suspicious in my case the issue is actually my credit limits are very high relative to my income (which has recently gone way down too) and that was the underlying reason, but like I said, we shall see when I call if i get any better details. (Income around 30k, total limit around 50k)

That makes sense. Come to think of it, I wonder if Chase accepts household income, don't know how the question is worded.

Message 16 of 24
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@Raftysworld wrote:

Thanks guyRaftysworld l rather close the thread because i didn't see the others. I'm suspicious in my case the issue is actually my credit limits are very high relative to my income (which has recently gone way down too) and that was the underlying reason, but like I said, we shall see when I call if i get any better details. (Income around 30k, total limit around 50k)

In my opinion I would rather be told numerous times than not at all. Let the mods decide if posts should be combined. Don't let the burden lie on a new member to decide if they should post or not. With the remarks made they would be scared to post any question. Also to add to this in my opinion the only dumb question is the one never asked. So please from now on respect each other like you expect it for yourself. So don't worry about having it deleted and Good Luck!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@coldnmn wrote:

@Raftysworld wrote:

Thanks guyRaftysworld l rather close the thread because i didn't see the others. I'm suspicious in my case the issue is actually my credit limits are very high relative to my income (which has recently gone way down too) and that was the underlying reason, but like I said, we shall see when I call if i get any better details. (Income around 30k, total limit around 50k)

In my opinion I would rather be told numerous times than not at all. Let the mods decide if posts should be combined. Don't let the burden lie on a new member to decide if they should post or not. With the remarks made they would be scared to post any question. Also to add to this in my opinion the only dumb question is the one never asked. So please from now on respect each other like you expect it for yourself. So don't worry about having it deleted and Good Luck!

Thanks for sharing! Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 24
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Recently, the threads regarding Chase closures have dominated the board.  While we may not be privy to our user's credit profiles or the reasoning behind the closures, we all should consider the possibility that any lender has the right to close accounts.  Their decision to close should not be assumed to be the cardholder did something wrong; similar to when myfico'ers post about closing/chopping credit cards.  It's is a business decision.  

Lexie, myFICO Moderator

Message 19 of 24
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Don't worry about OP! Ilheck I started my own with my Navy an Barclays cards, worried I might be shut down cause I bought some gift cards at Starbucks! Lmao!! We all are paranoid, and for good reason too! Not just Chase eitherSmiley Happy mods will leave this I'm sure, and key us know what you find out! Sorry it happened to you
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.