cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused and Disappointed: Chase Sapphire Preferred closed??

tag
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

Re: Confused and Disappointed: Chase Sapphire Preferred closed??

Just because it can happen doesn't necessarily mean it will. But for good sake, let's assume it may happen to you, don't panic. Keep calm and carry on with normal card usage. When you panic, you alter your spending patterns and that throws the system off and may raise a red flag, furthermore leading to bad repercussion. Don't fall into slavery to all these banks. Remember, they need you, you don't necessarily need THEM.
Message 21 of 24
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

The way i think CCC will close your accounts without notice, so i am not surprised if and when it happens. I always have ideas of cards i could use as back up cards. With CSP i am thinking of citi premeir for dining and travel. I know the AF is an bit higher. In most instance i think there is always an alternative. 

They are banks they are for profit companies, if they think you aren't making them an profit then they will close your accounts. In general i don't think they care for personal accounts as much they cut them with no hesitation.

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 22 of 24
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Chase is a "too big to fail bank" and it got burned big time in the crash of 08, they have become very skittish and will do this at the drop of a hat, it is the reason that I carry 0 cards from the "too big to fail" banks. It is a misnomer that Chase is considered a prime bank as it is the farthest from the truth. Avoid them all and you are apt to never be canceled...

Message 23 of 24
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

Chase is a "too big to fail bank" and it got burned big time in the crash of 08, they have become very skittish and will do this at the drop of a hat, it is the reason that I carry 0 cards from the "too big to fail" banks. It is a misnomer that Chase is considered a prime bank as it is the farthest from the truth. Avoid them all and you are apt to never be canceled...

OCCU wasn't a "too big to fail" bank, they had their issues. 

Diner's club - Not from a "too big to fail" bank, they had their issues

Not all problems root from the largest of the banks. Just my $0.02

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.