Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused citizen

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Confused citizen

Discernment: that'd be pretty poor Chase marketing if it didn't report at all, they baldly state that it's for building credit as one of their marketing bites on that site.

FWIW, myFico occasionally has issues, and Equifax occassionally has issues.  I'd be really, really surprised if he didn't have that card reporting, and a score generated from it to the point I'd pull either EX or TU in addition to EQ if it wasn't on there.  Chase blanket reports just about everything just like other national lenders, with very few exceptions, and I don't expect those to be made on a student card at all.

        
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

Discernment: that'd be pretty poor Chase marketing if it didn't report at all, they baldly state that it's for building credit as one of their marketing bites on that site.

FWIW, myFico occasionally has issues, and Equifax occassionally has issues.  I'd be really, really surprised if he didn't have that card reporting, and a score generated from it to the point I'd pull either EX or TU in addition to EQ if it wasn't on there.  Chase blanket reports just about everything just like other national lenders, with very few exceptions, and I don't expect those to be made on a student card at all.

Yes, I agree with you.  But, I also remember trying to get my own FICO® score from here at myFICO® and not being able to because I did not have a FICO® score -- that was just earlier at the beginning of this year!  So, I can relate from that angle as well. Smiley Wink 

Message 12 of 16
gr33nsuit
Valued Member

Thanks everyone for all your valuable replies. So I sort of understand now, so my fico scores will be generated after a few months of usage with American express and capital one right? Which card is better to use? The Amex green or the capital one cash card, since Amex accumulate points while capital one actually generates cash.
BARCLAY FICO: 782 12/12/14
DISCOVER FICO: 783 12/12/14
|Amex Blue $32,400 |Discover IT $28,000 |Usbank Cash+ $25,000 |Chase Freedom $23,700 |CSP $18,000 | Citi DoubleCash $16,500 |PenFed Cash Rewards $16,000 |SallieMae $12,500 |Citi Costco $12,000 |Citi Forward $8,000 |Quicksilver $4,200 |StateFarm CC $4,000
Start of Gardening 12/13/14
Message 13 of 16
gr33nsuit
Valued Member

So I got my report from experian and my score is 744, anyway I can improve it.
BARCLAY FICO: 782 12/12/14
DISCOVER FICO: 783 12/12/14
|Amex Blue $32,400 |Discover IT $28,000 |Usbank Cash+ $25,000 |Chase Freedom $23,700 |CSP $18,000 | Citi DoubleCash $16,500 |PenFed Cash Rewards $16,000 |SallieMae $12,500 |Citi Costco $12,000 |Citi Forward $8,000 |Quicksilver $4,200 |StateFarm CC $4,000
Start of Gardening 12/13/14
Message 14 of 16
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@gr33nsuit wrote:
So I got my report from experian and my score is 744, anyway I can improve it.

Experian only sells FAKO scores to consumers ~ take a look at the Credit Scoring 101 link in this thread:   http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Helpful-threads/td-p/415263

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 15 of 16
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@gr33nsuit wrote:
Thanks everyone for all your valuable replies. So I sort of understand now, so my fico scores will be generated after a few months of usage with American express and capital one right? Which card is better to use? The Amex green or the capital one cash card, since Amex accumulate points while capital one actually generates cash.

It really doesn't matter ~ I would use whichever card gives you the best rewards for your usage.   Take a look at the MR points website, you might find something that you want to get with MR Points.   If not then just take the cash back.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.