Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused over this email from Chase

tag
ddemari
Super Contributor

Confused over this email from Chase

I have a Ritz Carlton Visa. I applied for a Marriott Visa on 6-25 and the application is still pending 2 weeks on the status line. I was just going to wait and see if Chase sent me a letter requesting verification documents but nothing as of yet.

Just a few minutes ago I received an email from Rewards@marriott.com. The subject is "Your free night reward from the Marriott Rewards Credit Card team has arrived".  I opened the email and it brings me to the page where my Ritz Visa e-certificates are and the email also has my rewards information linked to my Ritz member number. 

Does anyone know what this additional night is for?? 

rcr.jpg

rrr3.jpg

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
noobody
Established Contributor

Re: Confused over this email from Chase

Your have been approved.
The certificate is for 1st year free stay at cat4Marriott hotel.
Mine was quick coming, next day after instant approval.
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 2 of 8
ddemari
Super Contributor

Thanks for the info! 

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ddemari wrote:

Thanks for the info! 

Definitely an approval!  Congrats!!!  Sometimes I think that letting an app simmer with Chase works best.  I did this with our Marriott app. too and then called in after 10 days and talked to the verifications department directly.  Your patience paid off! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 8
ddemari
Super Contributor

All of my apps with Chase going pending and I always wait it out except for my first Chase card I called and did verification. I think that this one probably took extra time because they linked the Marriott card with the Ritz card rewards number. 

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

What great news! Congrats!

Message 6 of 8
ddemari
Super Contributor

Thanks! And I agree, I like to let Chase apps simmer! 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

All my applications with Chase have been instant approvals so I have no personal data point. Good call though on letting the application sit tight, it seems that calling reconsideration line right away really seems to put a target on your back for getting shot down as of late.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.