Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Confused

I recently opened up accounts with NFCU, Cabelas, and GECRB through both paypal and pcrichard.

Total limits are 28000, with total balance of around 2600-2700. I rolled 2 installment loans into NFCU and made purchase, also on NFCU. etc. 

200 on pc richard, 200 on cabelas, rest is on NFCU. 

Today, I got an alert from this site that my equifax score went from 713 to 661, because i've made heavy use of my revolving credit was the reason I was given. I am confused as I refreshed my reports both here and on usaa and NFCU and PC Richard aren't showing on my reports at all yet.

Why the sizeable drop in score when all of the reports are not showing yet. The inquiries are there but none of the new accoutns except paypal and cabelas are reporting anything.

I'm confused.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Confused

Did one of your accounts happen to report a new balance? Sounds like a util issue based on the reason your alert popped out.
Message 2 of 5
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Sounds to me like maybe the smaller limits reported but not the NFCU limits.  You'll need to pull your report and see

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

so far cabelas and nfcu are not showing new accounts at all, paypal is with a zero balance and cap1 has a 136 balance.

pc richard also isnt showing up as a new account yet.

im in the sock drawer with everything except nfcu, but that dip scared the crap out of me.....hurricane scared me worse..that sucked, gulf coast residents, dont know how youget your pants on over balls that big. give me blizzards and tornadoes, you can have the hurricanes lol.

thanks alot!!

Message 4 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I recently opened up accounts with NFCU, Cabelas, and GECRB through both paypal and pcrichard.

Total limits are 28000, with total balance of around 2600-2700. I rolled 2 installment loans into NFCU and made purchase, also on NFCU. etc. 

200 on pc richard, 200 on cabelas, rest is on NFCU. 

Today, I got an alert from this site that my equifax score went from 713 to 661, because i've made heavy use of my revolving credit was the reason I was given. I am confused as I refreshed my reports both here and on usaa and NFCU and PC Richard aren't showing on my reports at all yet.

Why the sizeable drop in score when all of the reports are not showing yet. The inquiries are there but none of the new accoutns except paypal and cabelas are reporting anything.

I'm confused.

Thanks in advance!

The ONLY thing I suggest you use credit monitoring like this Equifax is for Theft, Missed Payments, Collections, etc.  When it comes to ways to improve your score, score going down, util reporting, new accounts, inq... don't look for them to give you sound advise on what is REALLY happening to your credit.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.