Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusing credit report inquiries info.

tag
jackg
Established Contributor

Confusing credit report inquiries info.

On 8/27/07 I bought a car from my favorite car dealer (hahaha). And, like all of us, inquiries on TU via TC increased from 6 to 11. And EQ increased from 9 to 11, also via TC. It really irritated me because I had a long talk with my sales guy and said I did not want a lump of inq.'s showing up ) So, of course the inq.'s showed up as i said above and every time I updated my TC reports it just irritated me more until I decided to mail in a dispute to TU and said that they did not have PP and I wanted them removed. This was done on 10/15/07. I received a response, via snail mail, dated 10/18/07. In effect it gave me the same old run around we all get regarding inquiries. I decided I was not going to give up so, the same day I sent another CMRRR asking if it was possible to recode these inquiries to soft pulls.
Yesterday I decided to give MYFICO.COM another $38.23 and looked at the inquiries, shock is the only word that comes to mind when I see that TU inquiries are down to 2. The others are now listed as "soft".
Now, I'm not saying that TU has a heart, but it is probable.
FICO scores on November 17, 2014 (prior to applying for and being approved my mortgage)

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

FICO scores on March 4, 2015 after being approved for mortgage and buying the home, the mortgage isn't yet reporting.
EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Confusing credit report inquiries info.

jackg wrote:

every time I updated my TC reports
TU inquiries are down to 2.

This is what's known as Cause and Effect.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.