Did you mean: 

Congratulations to...

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Congratulations to...

@Creditaddict wrote:

how does one become CL and Mod?

The admins and moderators tend to look for a couple things for a CL, in no particular order and this is by no means an exhaustive or formal list but when Sarah made me a CL this was what she suggested we desire when I asked what I should be doing:

• Lead by example: welcome new members, and help those who have questions and guide them to the appropriate resources.
  • File abuse reports when necessary.
  • Have fun and help keep myFICO a friendly, respectful and supportive place!

There's some others such as we do look for including amount of time participating on the forum, and the subjective measure of "quality" of posts; however, Sarah's expectations are a solid list.  Personally I subscribe to the theory if someone is doing the job, promote them.

Becoming a mod is more of the same plus a few super secret CL duties (I kid, I kid!), but basically an active CL who's doing well on the things we want for that role and who is deemed to be a good personalility fit, may be offered a spot as a moderator.  To call out our most recent moderator promotion: Lexie was doing a tremendous job as a CL and I agreed with literally 98% of her recommendations in her Abuse Reports (I actually counted, occasionally I'd have a trivial difference of opinion where something should be moved for example), and as such we were just wasting everyone's time by not simply letting her perform those actions herself... and in my estimation the community is better for it as a result.

Beyond that we do a straw poll vote for both CL and moderator roles, and those that pass, the admins make offers to.

It's by design not a complicated process as all positions other than the Admin and our Lithium support rep are volunteer staff members, and volunteers have a shelf life or otherwise get busy with admittedly more important things.  Occasionally we realize we're lacking enough suckers volunteers and go recruiting Smiley Happy.

--Rev

        
Message 31 of 32
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Congratulations to...

Thank you everyone!  I''ve been a lurker here since 2011.  Smiley Happy  Because of the great advice and wealth of information here... I am well on my way to attaining my FICO goals.  So for that I want to say "Thank You" to all.  I appreciate the opportunity to be a part of this community and if there is anything I can do to be of assistance to anyone within the realm of credit and information... please feel free to contact me.  When I first joined the forums...I read, "there are no stupid questions".  Just to affirm... this still holds true today. Smiley Happy  I look forward to continuing being an active part of this forum.  

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 32 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.