Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conmenity declines/Target breach

tag
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Re: Conmenity declines/Target breach

I just went to look into my Sportsman's account. Available credit is now $0...looks like they closed mine too.

Did they tell you if they were sending out another card with a new number?

ETA: Looks like they did reissue...last 4 digits are different. Great.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 11 of 15
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@bernhardtra wrote:

@longtime_lurker wrote:

Ouch, I feel bad when I watch people's card get decline and they struggle to buy something.

...granted I work at a business oriented hotel, and I've swiped like 7 Centurion cards...but some people really panic when the word says DECLINED. I had 1 Centurion decline on me...and it really was declined.. LOL

So looking at your cards, I have to ask....   Do you work at a hotel near the Red Cedar River?  If so do you ever go to Campbell's smoke shop?  It is a great place to find gifts such as pipes and cigars this time of year.  If you no longer live in EL, then I understand!  Do you like El Ez?  I like to eat there when I am in Michigan, but only once on every trip, well maybe twice.  The topopo salad and the nachos are great!

Haha I do work at one of the hotels near the Red Cedar - I'm still a student lol. El Azteco is AMAZING.  The nachos are so huge...

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 12 of 15
IgnatiusReilly
Regular Contributor

Injustifiable: No, they did not contact me and although I am not really happy about that, I understand that due to the scale of the breach it might have been a challenge to figure out who to cancel and contact. Also, having a message explaining the situation when one calls CS would have saved me 25 minutes...
Message 13 of 15
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@IgnatiusReilly wrote:
Injustifiable: No, they did not contact me and although I am not really happy about that, I understand that due to the scale of the breach it might have been a challenge to figure out who to cancel and contact. Also, having a message explaining the situation when one calls CS would have saved me 25 minutes...

I tried to call in during lunch to see what the deal was. Apparently, they have an automated message up now saying that the cards would be shipped today the 20th and tomorrow. Still, it would've been nice if they sent an email or called. I was planning on using that card this weekend for something.

Oh well.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 14 of 15
john398
Senior Contributor

@IgnatiusReilly wrote:

I guess they are doing this so they use noi money due to the breach since they cannot hold you responsible for fraud spending

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.