Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consider NASA...questions

tag
skigirl916
Established Contributor

Re: Consider NASA...questions

@Luscher wrote:
How is everybody seeing what CL they are going to get before getting approved? I am in the app page and can't find anything about it

It doesn't say prior to approval.

You either are instant approved, and it shows you your (tentative) CL, or it goes pending, and you find out after approved. 

Message 436 of 953
Tony275
Valued Contributor

Oh well.. Declined for the CC, probably the same for PLOC, though the PLOC is still "pending"

Denial reason field shows as follows - "Excessive obligations in relation to income. Number of recent inquiries on credit bureau report. Quick acceleration of debt"

Maybe I'll just accept the hard pull and apply again when my year of no HPs has finished!

FWIW I still haven't seen a HP on any of my reports! No harm no foul, I suppose!

Starting Score: (June 2014) TU08: 663 | EQ04: 640 | EX08: 685
Current Score: TU08: 757 | EQ04/08: 757/758 | EX08: 761
Goal Score: 800 across the board

Total Credit Line - $186,050 | Utilization - 16.8%
Message 437 of 953
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

I honestly think they are really tigheting up the requirements and getting more "conservative" on how much they are giving and underwritting is looking for more reasons to decline people due to the flood of applications..  I think a few people slipped through the cracks initially and got off with great credit lines of 25k when there previous highest was 1500 or whateverSmiley Happy.  Good for them...  Other that obviously deserved it mainly got them, but people in the 700's are getting decined now.  I think the money is running out.  I was declined and only a SP, on ICE so no way they can make it a HPSmiley Happy

Message 438 of 953
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

I honestly think they are really tigheting up the requirements and getting more "conservative" on how much they are giving and underwritting is looking for more reasons to decline people due to the flood of applications..  I think a few people slipped through the cracks initially and got off with great credit lines of 25k when there previous highest was 1500 or whateverSmiley Happy.  Good for them...  Other that obviously deserved it mainly got them, but people in the 700's are getting decined now.  I think the money is running out.  I was declined and only a SP, on ICE so no way they can make it a HPSmiley Happy

Maybe not?!?!  I applied on 9/25/2014 at 10:18:04 AM EST and I just checked my status <again> - I have been stalking their page about every hour and my loan status *just* changed to APPROVED.  I have not received any type of email, but again this just changed in the last 20-30 minutes.  I clicked on view loan;

Approved Card: VISA PLATINUM- CASH REWARDS

Credit Limit: $30,000.00

I also clicked on View Docs and received the following;

"The requested loan does not have any associated loan documents. If you believe this to be an error, please contact our office(s): (301) 249-1800"

*WAIT*  JUST GOT THE EMAIL;

Congratulations!  Your Credit Card application has been approved! 

Credit Card Approval Details:

Card Type: Visa Platinum- Cash Rewards

Credit Line Amount: $ 30,000.00

Rate: 13.900% APR

Minimum Payment: 2% of your total balance, or $25, whichever is greater

So now what's the next step?!?

Message 439 of 953
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Has it went to funded?  Also you might be one of the people with 750+ score that deserves the high limit, if so congrats!  I wish everyone the best, athough i didn't get approvedSmiley Happy.

Message 440 of 953
sarux3
Frequent Contributor

Looks like I got declined for a PLOC (fortunately they made their decision before close of business, so I didn't have to wonder about it all weekend long).  Reasons for decline were "Insufficient Number of Satisfactory Trades. Limited credit experience."  I assume the first point is either a reference to low number of TLs with high limits or low number of TLs with low util... which makes some sense, as they can't see all of the new TLs I've gotten this month (only my WF and Macy's are reporting so far) or all of the BT I've done from my lower limit cards to my Slate.  The second point is a little odd given that most of my new cards aren't reporting yet... without them, my AAoA is a little over 7 years, which is short but not THAT short.  Ah well, my foot's in the door with the $10K CL card, so I'll be able to demonstrate my worthiness as a valued customer... and no HP taken, so I'll chalk this whole mess up as a win Smiley Happy

CH7 Filed Dec 31, 2018; DC Apr 9, 2019
FICO 8 at DC (Apr 15, 2019):
FICO 8 current (June 29, 2022):
Total revolving credit limit: $149,150 Utilization: 9% Inquiries:

Who I've burnt: Amex / Discover / Chase / Wells Fargo / CapOne / Barclays / Citi / DSNB / US Bank / NASA FCU / Apple FCU / Synch / Comenity
Who let me back in: CapOne / Citi (Retail) / DSNB / Synchrony / Comenity
Message 441 of 953
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Has it went to funded?  Also you might be one of the people with 750+ score that deserves the high limit, if so congrats!  I wish everyone the best, athough i didn't get approvedSmiley Happy.

It just went from PENDING to APPROVED in the last hour, so no on the funded question.  My fico TU is 780, but my EX is only 720 - dropped 30 points over the last two weeks due to a # of inquries, but now it is going up as the new accounts come online.  I went to the garden.. and then NASA frenzy hit so I jumped out when I heard SP.  Now I am spooked about a comment made earlier about how having a 30k line on card could adversely impact my credit limits on my other new accounts?  In short, I opened up 43k in the last two weeks (not including the NASA card) - 7 new accounts.  I was only an AU before on an open account and had a about 4 closed revolving accounts, closed mortgage, closed car loan - no baddies.  All CRAs were screaming that I did not have enough revolving credit; I may have overshot!

Message 442 of 953
JLK93
Established Contributor

@skigirl916 wrote:

@Jlu wrote:

I would advise to upload the stipulations and wait for the APPROVED FUNDED with DocuSign email. Once you get that you are set in stone for the limit that is approved. If they adjust after you upload the stips then you can just cancel your app.

I've seen some folks go from APPROVED FUNDED back to Pending and then Declined.

Nothing is "set in stone" with NASA.

The people reporting APPROVED FUNDED going back to pending are probably mixed up.

Approved / Funded is the final step.

It's very unlikely anyone seeing Approved / Funded will be declined.

Message 443 of 953
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

@oilcan12 wrote:

@skigirl916 wrote:

@Jlu wrote:

I would advise to upload the stipulations and wait for the APPROVED FUNDED with DocuSign email. Once you get that you are set in stone for the limit that is approved. If they adjust after you upload the stips then you can just cancel your app.

I've seen some folks go from APPROVED FUNDED back to Pending and then Declined.

Nothing is "set in stone" with NASA.

The people reporting APPROVED FUNDED going back to pending are probably mixed up.

Approved / Funded is the final step.

It's very unlikely anyone seeing Approved / Funded will be declined.

I did not receive any requst for stipulations - is this normal, or does it come somehwere after the APPROVED state?  To repeat, mine just went to approved about 2 hours ago and the email just said congrats, no request for additional information.

Message 444 of 953
Jlu
Established Contributor

^Then you're all set.

It would say it where mine says it here:

nasaapprove.jpg

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 445 of 953
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.