cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Considering Closing a CITI Card that Does not Report?

tag
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

Considering Closing a CITI Card that Does not Report?

So I have a Citi Dividend card opened back in 2004 that does not report. Has not reported for the last 2 years now... and is my oldest Citi card. Thinking about closing it... thoughts? I have 4 other Citi cards and other "category" cards... just one less card to manage.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: Considering Closing a CITI Card that Does not Report?

If it doesn't report, I think that you should send it to MY house.  Smiley Happy

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 2 of 13
learnin113
Established Contributor

This may be frowned upon here, but I would love to have a prime card, high limit that does not report.  That would be my main card, while I keep all others at zero.  Heehee.

Message 3 of 13
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@learnin113 wrote:

This may be frowned upon here, but I would love to have a prime card, high limit that does not report.  That would be my main card, while I keep all others at zero.  Heehee.

I am SOOOOOOOOO with you on that one... 

Message 4 of 13
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

@learnin113 wrote:

I am SOOOOOOOOO with you on that one... 

Fair enough. The problem is that I have quite a few cards that I have to cycle out month to month (to show use) so that they don't stay inactive for too long. The only thing I can't stomach losing is a 15k CL associated with this Dividend card.

Message 5 of 13
gettnthere
Established Contributor

There's no way id close that card, unless it has an AF that is. I don't believe that particular card does though

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 6 of 13
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

@UFGuy2006 wrote:

So I have a Citi Dividend card opened back in 2004 that does not report. Has not reported for the last 2 years now... and is my oldest Citi card. Thinking about closing it... thoughts? I have 4 other Citi cards and other "category" cards... just one less card to manage.

That sounds like the perfect card for me Smiley Very Happy I´m jelaous now XD

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 7 of 13
android01
Valued Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

If it doesn't report, I think that you should send it to MY house.  Smiley Happy

J.P. Morgan Select does not report.  I LOVE the hidden trade line.  If I ever have to carry a balance, that's the card I'd use. Smiley Happy

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 8 of 13
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@android01 wrote:

@tcbofade wrote:

J.P. Morgan Select does not report.  I LOVE the hidden trade line.  If I ever have to carry a balance, that's the card I'd use. Smiley Happy

I don't think that I'd qualify for JPMorgan Select...and whogavemecredit is down at the moment...

Message 9 of 13
nws2002
Established Member

Why doesn't it report?  I bet they would be able to figure that out real quick if you stopped making payments.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.