Reply
Established Contributor
UFGuy2006
Posts: 729
Registered: ‎08-02-2008
0

Considering Closing a CITI Card that Does not Report?

So I have a Citi Dividend card opened back in 2004 that does not report. Has not reported for the last 2 years now... and is my oldest Citi card. Thinking about closing it... thoughts? I have 4 other Citi cards and other "category" cards... just one less card to manage.

FICO: EX: 756 (8/14); TU: 758 (9/14); EQ 732 (8/14)

In My Wallet: Amex X 5 | Barclays X 3 | BOA X 1 | CapOne X 3 | Chase X 2 | Citi X 6 | DCU X 1 | Discover X 1 | Fidelity X 1 | Fifth Third X 1 | PenFed X 1 | PSECU X 1 | Sams Club MC X 1 | Target RedCard X 1 | USAA X 2 | US Bank X 1 | Walmart X 1 | Wells Fargo X 1 = 33 Cards

Holding off apps until the end of the year! Wish me luck!
Valued Contributor
tcbofade
Posts: 2,177
Registered: ‎09-26-2011
0

Re: Considering Closing a CITI Card that Does not Report?

If it doesn't report, I think that you should send it to MY house.  :smileyhappy:



Current Scores: EX 671 (FCR) TU08: 648 Wally (TU08). 08/29/14 Last app 05/29/2014.
Being held hostage in the garden until 01 November 2014.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Established Contributor
learnin113
Posts: 541
Registered: ‎12-02-2011
0

Re: Considering Closing a CITI Card that Does not Report?

This may be frowned upon here, but I would love to have a prime card, high limit that does not report.  That would be my main card, while I keep all others at zero.  Heehee.

Valued Contributor
tcbofade
Posts: 2,177
Registered: ‎09-26-2011
0

Re: Considering Closing a CITI Card that Does not Report?


learnin113 wrote:

This may be frowned upon here, but I would love to have a prime card, high limit that does not report.  That would be my main card, while I keep all others at zero.  Heehee.


I am SOOOOOOOOO with you on that one... 

 



Current Scores: EX 671 (FCR) TU08: 648 Wally (TU08). 08/29/14 Last app 05/29/2014.
Being held hostage in the garden until 01 November 2014.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Established Contributor
UFGuy2006
Posts: 729
Registered: ‎08-02-2008
0

Re: Considering Closing a CITI Card that Does not Report?


tcbofade wrote:

learnin113 wrote:

This may be frowned upon here, but I would love to have a prime card, high limit that does not report.  That would be my main card, while I keep all others at zero.  Heehee.


I am SOOOOOOOOO with you on that one... 

 


Fair enough. The problem is that I have quite a few cards that I have to cycle out month to month (to show use) so that they don't stay inactive for too long. The only thing I can't stomach losing is a 15k CL associated with this Dividend card.

FICO: EX: 756 (8/14); TU: 758 (9/14); EQ 732 (8/14)

In My Wallet: Amex X 5 | Barclays X 3 | BOA X 1 | CapOne X 3 | Chase X 2 | Citi X 6 | DCU X 1 | Discover X 1 | Fidelity X 1 | Fifth Third X 1 | PenFed X 1 | PSECU X 1 | Sams Club MC X 1 | Target RedCard X 1 | USAA X 2 | US Bank X 1 | Walmart X 1 | Wells Fargo X 1 = 33 Cards

Holding off apps until the end of the year! Wish me luck!
Established Contributor
gettnthere
Posts: 912
Registered: ‎06-14-2012
0

Re: Considering Closing a CITI Card that Does not Report?

There's no way id close that card, unless it has an AF that is. I don't believe that particular card does though


Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 :smileywink:
Established Contributor
CruzImperial
Posts: 867
Registered: ‎07-04-2012
0

Re: Considering Closing a CITI Card that Does not Report?


UFGuy2006 wrote:

So I have a Citi Dividend card opened back in 2004 that does not report. Has not reported for the last 2 years now... and is my oldest Citi card. Thinking about closing it... thoughts? I have 4 other Citi cards and other "category" cards... just one less card to manage.


That sounds like the perfect card for me :smileyvery-happy: I´m jelaous now XD

 

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Valued Contributor
android01
Posts: 1,208
Registered: ‎09-22-2009
0

Re: Considering Closing a CITI Card that Does not Report?


tcbofade wrote:

If it doesn't report, I think that you should send it to MY house.  :smileyhappy:


J.P. Morgan Select does not report.  I LOVE the hidden trade line.  If I ever have to carry a balance, that's the card I'd use. :smileyhappy:

 

EQ FICO - EQ08 - 850 -9/2/14
TU FICO - TU08 - 850 - 7/18/14
EX FICO - EX08 - 850 - 7/18/14
Valued Contributor
tcbofade
Posts: 2,177
Registered: ‎09-26-2011
0

Re: Considering Closing a CITI Card that Does not Report?


android01 wrote:

tcbofade wrote:

If it doesn't report, I think that you should send it to MY house.  :smileyhappy:


J.P. Morgan Select does not report.  I LOVE the hidden trade line.  If I ever have to carry a balance, that's the card I'd use. :smileyhappy:

 


I don't think that I'd qualify for JPMorgan Select...and whogavemecredit is down at the moment...

 



Current Scores: EX 671 (FCR) TU08: 648 Wally (TU08). 08/29/14 Last app 05/29/2014.
Being held hostage in the garden until 01 November 2014.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Established Member
nws2002
Posts: 19
Registered: ‎07-23-2009
0

Re: Considering Closing a CITI Card that Does not Report?

Why doesn't it report?  I bet they would be able to figure that out real quick if you stopped making payments.


myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+