cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Considering Discover IT - would I qualify for cashback match?

tag
disdreamin
Valued Contributor

Considering Discover IT - would I qualify for cashback match?

I used to have a Discover card but it was closed a couple  years back for inactivity. All the ads for the cashback match make me want to apply for the card, as that could potentially be a decent chunk of change. However, the info for the application says only new cardholders would qualify. Does anyone know if I'd be considered new or not due to previously having the same card a couple years back?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Considering Discover IT - would I qualify for cashback match?

You would be considered new. I had two different Discover cards in the past, and I got approved for the Discover It Cashback in July. Since then I've earned about $80.☺ Good luck, Discover is great!
Message 2 of 4
disdreamin
Valued Contributor

Thank you Bella07! I was hoping that was the case. Now I've just got to decide whether to burn a HP for the card or not. Decisions, decisions...

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

No problem. FYI, they pulled EQ and EX when I apped, but my scores were low to mid-600's. I guess they do that for marginal profiles. Also want to clarify that neither of my previous cards were the Discover It Cashback. I don't think they had it then. But I believe new cardholders are those who don't currently have the card.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.