Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Considering Ebates. School Me on What Makes it Cool

tag
baller4life
Super Contributor

Considering Ebates. School Me on What Makes it Cool

For awhile I've been looking at the Overstock MC as an app in the near future. But, after reading CreditMagic's Overstock closure thread, I'm considering Ebates again as a catch all card for my online shopping. I'm closing my Amazon card soon. So it would be cool to get discounts for Amazon and other sites thru Ebates. What do you guys like about this card. Enlighten ole baller! Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 53
52 REPLIES 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Considering Ebates. School Me on What Makes it Cool

I mean really, its nice.... but it does have its cons.  There are many times when folks dont get the extra 3% and they have to go thru the purchase and send in a request. This happens just with regular ebates purchases anyway without their card.

Pros, its synch bank, easy to get to huge limits.  But really, the sign on bonus is only $10-$20 bucks.... and its only 1% more compared to another 2% card. Plus you are locked into their portal or else its only 1%.

I was preapproved for the platinum version at 25.24% APR....of course the APR doesnt matter since its a PIF game to make the cash back even matter...but still.  I would much rather get the sams club MC even though it pays out yearly.

Does the ebates mc pay out with the regular ebates payments?  They usually pay out every 2-3 months for me.

I love buying gift cards with giftcard granny first, using a 2% card.  Then use that as form of payment with a coupon code and shop via ebates.  That is how u can get some great discounts....

Message 2 of 53
ddemari
Super Contributor

For me its the more obvious appeals to the Ebates Visa. 1, its synch bank therefore you can get that limit up high with a good TU. 

2, the online portal is easy to use and offers some really good cash back at so many retail venues. 3, its synch bank so its much easier to deal with than FNBO retail cards, US Bank or Citi retail cards. 

Message 3 of 53
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Herein lies the rub for me Baller4life.

For just one example my plain Amazon Store card gets a lot of business/usage/orders (I love to order from Amazon plenty) while Walmart only see's some occasional usage. But Ebates offers CB at BOTH! these stores and even a small return beats a blank right? Especially as it grows over the months with each new order.

Only recently it's really come to light for me a whole lot more that the Ebates Portal INCLUDES plenty of these retailers that some of us already been used to ordering from with their respective store cards (or other Bankcards). 

Personally i've gotten so use (and excited) with Ebates offering sometimes 5%-10% and better at times by using their Visa Card with different retailers at different times that the building up of a nice cash back check is more savy and useful then using those stores cards.

Hence the decision to drop overstock and eliminate that O-Rewards AF in the process too. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 53
baller4life
Super Contributor

WOW thank you guys! Alot of great info! This sounds like a cashback card on steroids lol. How are they with open starting limits? Something about a temporary limit?
Message 5 of 53
msbia
Established Contributor

Umm Baller....i am SO in love with my eBates card. It started with $3,200 and medium tier APR, one phone call and it's $15k back in November. I love it so much I'm getting ready to close my $19k Macy's card because I get better deals through eBates. I already closed Nordstrom for the same reason. They just mailed out my $57 big fat check today lol. 

Personal Credit? Check. Business Credit? Check.
Mission Accomplished.
Thanks MyFico!
Message 6 of 53
baller4life
Super Contributor

@msbia wrote:

Umm Baller....i am SO in love with my eBates card. It started with $3,200 and medium tier APR, one phone call and it's $15k back in November. I love it so much I'm getting ready to close my $19k Macy's card because I get better deals through eBates. I already closed Nordstrom for the same reason. They just mailed out my $57 big fat check today lol. 

What you say??? Lol

Message 7 of 53
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@msbia wrote:

Same Here!! I'm sold on the phenomenal discounts PLUS the cash back!

Double the benefit equals double the fun.

My Ebates Visa also started at $3200 and only last week it's now $15K! and growing Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 53
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
For awhile I've been looking at the Overstock MC as an app in the near future. But, after reading CreditMagic's Overstock closure thread, I'm considering Ebates again as a catch all card for my online shopping. I'm closing my Amazon card soon. So it would be cool to get discounts for Amazon and other sites thru Ebates. What do you guys like about this card. Enlighten ole baller! Smiley Happy

Just one thing: when doing online puchases, it gives me many opportunities for extra cash back on most of the sites I would buy from.

Also they're good on raising credit limits with soft pulls: they will give a soft pull CLI on activation, without much trouble, and later give CLI's on chat, etc.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 9 of 53
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

its backed by Synch...do I say more? lolSmiley Wink
Message 10 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.