Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Considering apping for Chase Slate

tag
westo12
Established Contributor

Considering apping for Chase Slate

What are the odds of me getting approved for the Slate after just opening a Freedom in Feb of this year?  My score has gone up roughly 25pts higher and an old chargeoff was removed early via a GW letter.  My curr util is 47%, when they approved me for my Freedom it was around 70%.

My only other thought was to just call Chase and ask them if there was any way they could increase my current limit to allow me to transfer a couple more high int rate cards to my Freedom.  

Any thoughts?

Chap7 discharge 07/2015
Fico 5/1/19: TR:650(73% util)
Cap1(Plat+QS) 3500+4500/Merrick 1600/Express 4100/Overstock 4900.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Twas_Sovereign
New Contributor

Re: Considering apping for Chase Slate

Chase will not increase your credit line after only having the card since February. If you really need more credit with Chase your best bet is to app for the Slate. I was able to get the Slate with no issue after getting the Freedom, but I waited three months before apping for it. I would let another month go by before apping for it.

Message 2 of 7
westo12
Established Contributor

Thanks Twas-Sovereign, will do.

Chap7 discharge 07/2015
Message 3 of 7
sailor_mercury
Valued Contributor

I acquired 3 Chase cards including Slate in about 60 days.  Slate is a better BT option than Freedom because Freedom has the 3% BT Fee. 

If you are willing to apply and take the HP on your credit (they did 2 HPs on my Slate app) then it's certainly worth it to apply.  If they do not give you a high enough CL to meet your BT needs after you get the card you can call and request a CL reconsideration and increase.

NFCU nCashRewards VISA - $20,000 | NFCU nRewards $10,000
AMEX Costco TrueEarnings $5,000 | AMEX Delta Gold $1,500
Chase SWA VISA $5,000 | Chase Slate $3,500 | Chase Amazon Rewards VISA $3,000
HSN Mastecard $3,500
Message 4 of 7
vpae
Established Contributor

I have not asked for a Chase CLI myself, but from the sounds of it, recon on an initial CLI is usually another HP. YMMV.

12/19/19 06/11/20 07/02/20
Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 5 of 7
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@westo12 wrote:

What are the odds of me getting approved for the Slate after just opening a Freedom in Feb of this year?  My score has gone up roughly 25pts higher and an old chargeoff was removed early via a GW letter.  My curr util is 47%, when they approved me for my Freedom it was around 70%.

My only other thought was to just call Chase and ask them if there was any way they could increase my current limit to allow me to transfer a couple more high int rate cards to my Freedom.  

Any thoughts?

Question is, are you wanting to app for the Slate for its BT reasons?  Slate is a BT card, so if you're just trying to get another card w/ Chase you may want to look for something else. 

But to answer your question, either way is a HP (applying for Slate or asking for CLI on Freedom), so i would also recommend applying for the card instead since your Freedom is new.

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 6 of 7
westo12
Established Contributor

Strictly for BT purposes.  I have 1-2 cards and a super high int install loan that I would like to transfer over and not have to manage anymore. 

Chap7 discharge 07/2015
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.