Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Considering closing Blispay

tag
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Considering closing Blispay

Hey forum members! As many of us on here went on the frenzy of opening up Blispay CC because it was a good 2% card with a very attractive 0% for $199+ today I'm considering closing it.

I tried using my Blispay card today for groceries on my way home, anddddd it was declined!. with a $0 balance and a $4400 limit, I called them and they told me yet AGAIN for the 3rd time "we just need to review your income again" this is getting a little old :/ they have cleared me and verified my income by pay stub and bank statement twice before and since this card is not a hidden TL I'm considering just leaving it at $0 and allowing them to do as they wish with the card.

What's everybody's take on my consideration?.
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Considering closing Blispay

I'm not sure closing it would be a great idea but not using it seems quite reasonable.  Better cards for groceries and/or other 2% cards exist without this type of hassle.  My Citi DC has never been declined or had any problems.

Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

That would drive me absolutely crazy. Let alone the embarrassment. Once ok. But twice or three time? Nope bye bye.
Message 3 of 23
Pway
Valued Contributor

No one should have to go through this.  I can see suspected fraud but that is not the case.  I say go ahead and close it.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 4 of 23
gibeon
Established Contributor

Sounds like their verification algorithm is broken and you're getting picked on unnecessarily. I'm pretty much willing to verify whatever a lender wants - once. More than that and they're just being jerks. 

Did is you ask what you could do to settle it once and for all?

23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you find out why BlisPay needs to reverify your income?

Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pway wrote:

No one should have to go through this.  I can see suspected fraud but that is not the case.  I say go ahead and close it.

Losing 4k in avaliable credit may effect the OP's overall utilization. I wouldn't advise the OP closes any card with a $0 balance and a $4k+ limit.

Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Make sure you use the feedback link on the Blispay site to voice your concerns about this.  I know the CEO reads the feedback and he needs to know how you feel.  Do this whether you close the card or not as not only can it help you (if you keep it open) but it can help others in the future as well.  I've had multiple CS issues with Blispay completely unrelated to your situation and I'm sure to give feedback each and every time on the site so that hopefully Blispay can iron out these annoying kinks sooner.

Message 8 of 23
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

After sending in pay stubs and already verifying income and this continues to happen, time to  Nsync them..." Bye Bye Bye"!!! Smiley Happy. Im sure op has enough credit to cover the loss of 4 k and even if he didnt sometimes you gotta stand your ground when your soing everything required by your terms. Someone who is always paying their cc on time and has already been approved and verified should not have these problems. One of my biggest credit pet peeves is these ccc's approving people only to shut them down like 2 weeks later. I know a bit off topic but that is not right for the op. Best of luck on your decision OpSmiley Happy

Message 9 of 23
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Strange I have never had an issue.  Sorry this is happening OP, has to be annoying.  I agree with others, something is causing their system to flag you it appears constantly.  Not sure what I would do if I were you other than possibly use it for online purchases only if it keeps getting declined in person or just SD it or obviously cancel it.  Best of luck either way

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.