cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Considering departing from the garden momentarily? (Updated WooHoo!)

tag
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: Considering departing from the garden momentarily?

@hardworkrebuilding wrote:

OK, so I'll be staying in a Sheraton four 4 nights in early Feb.  I signed up for SPG (program) and in my confirmation email they sent me an offer for AMEX SPG. Obviously, I'm tempted by the bonus 25,000 points.  

In my view, definitely worth it.

Ordinarily, it may better to hold out for a potential larger sign up on August or Sept, but since you've got stays coming up, I'd definitely app for it.  If you stay at SPGs and use the "cash + points," there is tremendous value in this card.

Message 11 of 16
hardworkrebuilding
Regular Contributor

Re: Considering departing from the garden momentarily (Updated WooHoo!)

I pulled the trigger, approval within 60 sec for 15K limit.  One word, Elated! 

FICO 750+ on each CRA - 6 cards for a total CL of $222,900
Gardening since 9/11/2016 for a goal of 2 years
Message 12 of 16
Epcot
Valued Contributor

That's great, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 13 of 16
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

I pulled the trigger, approval within 60 sec for 15K limit.  One word, Elated! 

DAmnnnnnnn Congrattttttttttt.....

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 14 of 16
hardworkrebuilding
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the applause, time to get back in the garden.  By the way, I asked if the member date would show 1/12 or 4/12.  The CSR said it would reflect 2012.  So it will be backdated, just not sure to what month.  Three months difference doesn't make much difference. Looked online and where it shows the Recent Charges it says "since Jan 2012 (Closing date Feb 08)". I guess that answers my question.  So the tradeline will show a one year old account.  Awesomeness.

Message 15 of 16
hardworkrebuilding
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the applause, time to get back in the garden.  By the way, I asked if the member date would show 1/12 or 4/12.  The CSR said it would reflect 2012.  So it will be backdated, just not sure to what month.  Three months difference doesn't make much difference. Looked online and where it shows the Recent Charges it says "since Jan 2012 (Closing date Feb 08)". I guess that answers my question.  So the tradeline will show a one year old account.  Awesomeness.

I would like to confess a 'duh' moment.  As seen above, I took the Since Jan 12 (not 2012 as typed) to possibly mean Jan of 2012.  I clearly ignored that fact that yesterday was Jan 12, 2013.  Just in case anyone needed an excuse to laugh at someone, I am offering myself.  Apparently I will need to wait until it reports to the CRA's in order to see what month the open date will show as.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.