Considering triggering Amex 4506-T Req via CLI - Update: Got 4506-T'd

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Considering triggering Amex 4506-T Req via CLI

@-Cal- wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@-Cal- wrote:

I went a head and submitted my credit limit increase request for the full amount and got hit with the 4506-T Docusign form afterwards. I filled out the info which only took a few minutes. Now I wait 10-15 days to hear back. I will keep you guys updated. 

Good luck with the approval good luck with the approval but it might not just be 10-15 days.  Ask LTL's how long his has taken.

long time lurker? which one? there's like two ... maybe even three of them Smiley Indifferent

Do you have an idea of how long its been since one of them isn't participating in this thread. 

3 months?  Not sure what ever happened to his CLI request... They just kept saying they were waiting on the IRS while others come back pretty quickly, he just didn't have very good luck for whatever reason.

Message 21 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@-Cal- wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@-Cal- wrote:

I went a head and submitted my credit limit increase request for the full amount and got hit with the 4506-T Docusign form afterwards. I filled out the info which only took a few minutes. Now I wait 10-15 days to hear back. I will keep you guys updated. 

Good luck with the approval good luck with the approval but it might not just be 10-15 days.  Ask LTL's how long his has taken.

long time lurker? which one? there's like two ... maybe even three of them Smiley Indifferent

Do you have an idea of how long its been since one of them isn't participating in this thread. 

Green LTL and I think like CC says that it's been over 3 months.  Delays with IRS apparently 

Message 22 of 44
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

3 months?  Not sure what ever happened to his CLI request... They just kept saying they were waiting on the IRS while others come back pretty quickly, he just didn't have very good luck for whatever reason.

A 3 month wait would suck. Do you recall how much he asked for? I would keep calling them every other day and offer up my paystubs at that point. 

Message 23 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question: If I do a CLI at the end of the month and want to try for the 3x CLI, is the top threshold $25,000 w/o them asking for verification? If I do the 3x, my CLI would be $33,000. I have read the forum section on Amex 3x, but this is unclear, and I don't want to read endless pages.

Should I request the CLI of $25,000 or $33,000? By the end of the month, my Experian score should be higher. Thanks.

Message 24 of 44
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Question: If I do a CLI at the end of the month and want to try for the 3x CLI, is the top threshold $25,000 w/o them asking for verification? If I do the 3x, my CLI would be $33,000. I have read the forum section on Amex 3x, but this is unclear, and I don't want to read endless pages.

Should I request the CLI of $25,000 or $33,000? By the end of the month, my Experian score should be higher. Thanks.

If you don't want a 4506-T request I would request $24,900, otherwise $33,000.

Message 25 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why not $25000?

Message 26 of 44
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Why not $25000?

There is no set rule what triggers a 4506-t wregards to a CLI.. Some people it might happen at 20k, some people can get away with 35k without them requiring it..  There is no magic $ figure what triggers it, most people just say 25k, but this varies as has been seen by many posts.. If you get the 4506 pop-up and dont want to provide it you can resubmit your request for a lower amount and it might automatically approve you with out having to do the 4506..  Hope this helps.

Message 27 of 44
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@-Cal- wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@-Cal- wrote:

Sorry, at the vet, didn't realize immediate participation was required.  

Basic story:

1) April 24: Submitted CLI request, got a 4506-T, filled in online, and waited.   Called several times, delay blamed on IRS because of tax time.  Eventually told by frontline CSR it was denied.

2) Last week of June.   But when I called the right group to ask the reason, I was told it hadn't been denied, it has just become too old, so I was free to resubmit.  He told me to try a smaller amount in case that avioded the 4506-T but it didn't, so I submitted another 4506-T online.  And waited

3) Last week.  Hadn't bothered calling, so I thought I would try again.  Submitted, got the 4506-T, submitted that.  Not really expecting anything, but who knows.

Hope you have better luck.

Message 28 of 44
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

Sorry, at the vet, didn't realize immediate participation was required.  

Basic story:

1) April 24: Submitted CLI request, got a 4506-T, filled in online, and waited.   Called several times, delay blamed on IRS because of tax time.  Eventually told by frontline CSR it was denied.

2) Last week of June.   But when I called the right group to ask the reason, I was told it hadn't been denied, it has just become too old, so I was free to resubmit.  He told me to try a smaller amount in case that avioded the 4506-T but it didn't, so I submitted another 4506-T online.  And waited

3) Last week.  Hadn't bothered calling, so I thought I would try again.  Submitted, got the 4506-T, submitted that.  Not really expecting anything, but who knows.

Hope you have better luck.

Wow that sucks, note to self -- don't apply for big increases during tax time.

Whats your limit at now? How much did you go for in April? How much are you going for now?

I wonder how long they take in a best case scenario. 

Message 29 of 44
NRB525
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Why not $25000?

There is no set rule what triggers a 4506-t wregards to a CLI.. Some people it might happen at 20k, some people can get away with 35k without them requiring it..  There is no magic $ figure what triggers it, most people just say 25k, but this varies as has been seen by many posts.. If you get the 4506 pop-up and dont want to provide it you can resubmit your request for a lower amount and it might automatically approve you with out having to do the 4506..  Hope this helps.

I had a Delta requested CLI from $9k to $12k about July 15.

Hilton HHonors card also, at $10k from April 22 app.

Apped for SPG on Aug 11, and instapproval for another $10k, so $32k and not any indication of requesting proof of income yet. YMMV

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 30 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.