cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consolidated CL between two cards - impact of low CL?

tag
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

Consolidated CL between two cards - impact of low CL?

Morning.  So I have two Chase cards - Freedom and Amazon.con Rewards.  I decided to consolidate the CL towards Freedom, since I have better rewards options than what Amazon.com Rewards provides.  Chase was happy to help.  My original CL was 9k on Freedom and 8.5k on Amazon.com.  Chase moved over 7.3k from Amazon.com, making my Freedom CL 16.3k.  I am not sure why there was an issue with moving over the remaining 1.2k. I did have a payment pending, but it was only around 85 dollars.  

I took a HP for the Amazon.com rewards card, so I really do not wish to simply close the account and move the 1.2k over to Freedom.  My question is, will there be any impact with having a card with such a low limit of 1.2k?  I can still run a few purchases through it every other month or so just to keep activity, but I am more concerned about the "appearance" of a card with a low limit. I know Chase loves to HP on CLI, so I really do not want to ask for that on the Amazon.com rewards card - but maybe the give auto CLI over a period of time.  Thanks in advance for any help.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.