Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consolidating Available Credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Consolidating Available Credit

@Anonymous wrote:
@Anonymous I would transfer over your limit from the ritz to the Marriott, but leave $500 on the ritz. Wait until the annual fee is up and then close it imo. This way chase won't look oddly at the closing whatsoever just to be safe. You can also have more time to max out the ritz travel credit unless you have already done so.

Awesome, thank you very much.

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
@Anonymous I would transfer over your limit from the ritz to the Marriott, but leave $500 on the ritz. Wait until the annual fee is up and then close it imo. This way chase won't look oddly at the closing whatsoever just to be safe. You can also have more time to max out the ritz travel credit unless you have already done so.

Awesome, thank you very much.

You're welcome. Happy to help. 

Message 12 of 20
Kenro
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ritz and Marriot are both Visa Signature. If I remember right, the lowest possible amount to keep a Visa Sig open is 5 000$ not 500$.

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not quite correct. The lowest VS approval amount with Chase is usually 5k. Once you have the card it remains a VS regardless of the CL amount. Smiley Happy
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kenro wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ritz and Marriot are both Visa Signature. If I remember right, the lowest possible amount to keep a Visa Sig open is 5 000$ not 500$.

Chase allows you to lower limits past the minimum required CL for a visa siggy. The minimum limit Chase enforces to keep it open is $500 if i'm not mistaken. 

Message 15 of 20
anm688
New Contributor

So is FICO at all effected by average age of open accounts? Or is it only average age of all accounts?
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@anm688 wrote:
So is FICO at all effected by average age of open accounts? Or is it only average age of all accounts?

All accounts. If you close an account it still shows up on FICO for 10 years.

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@anm688 wrote:

FICO scoring includes closed accounts for calculating your average age of accounts. Closed accounts remain on your report for ten years. 

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@anm688 wrote:

All accounts. If you close an account it still shows up on FICO for 10 years.

Beat me to it lol

Message 19 of 20
Kenro
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Kenro wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Chase allows you to lower limits past the minimum required CL for a visa siggy. The minimum limit Chase enforces to keep it open is $500 if i'm not mistaken. 

That is a pretty neat thing.... I shall use this, I always assumed that 5 000 was the lowest bound.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.