Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conspiracy Theory

tag
watch44
Frequent Contributor

Re: Conspiracy Theory

@longtimelurker wrote:

Come on!  No-one is monitoring your posts and matching you up to a real customer, it's just not cost-effective.

BTW, we are a little concerned by your recent Walgreens charge for $36.77, this is the third visit in a week.   Something wrong?

Mmm-hmm. Oh, I know. Walgreens just had a sale on canned goods and antibiotics last week. Nothing's wrong. Nothing at all.

(Hover over pics for details) 
FICO:  TU 731 (05/14/14)   EX 749 (04/24/14)   EQ 684 (02/05/14)   Goal 700
FAKO:  TU 761 (05/20/14)   EX 761 (05/20/14)   EQ 743 (05/20/14)
Message 21 of 26
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@watch44 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

Come on!  No-one is monitoring your posts and matching you up to a real customer, it's just not cost-effective.

BTW, we are a little concerned by your recent Walgreens charge for $36.77, this is the third visit in a week.   Something wrong?

Mmm-hmm. Oh, I know. Walgreens just had a sale on canned goods and antibiotics last week. Nothing's wrong. Nothing at all.

I have an inside person at Walgreens, I'll follow up on this.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 22 of 26
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Highly doubful OP, they are not going to waste time and money trying to tie a forum member to their actual credit report, there could be multi people with the same cards, just wouldnt work. I would be more concerned that the NSA has your info than Chase or any other creditor does.

Message 23 of 26
bobbay
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

I think very few posts actually give info an issuer would care enough about (to change a decision).     So I don't talk about my plan to suddenly max out my cards and leave the country on June 6th for example, or that the majority of the cards in my sig are obtained under stolen SSNs.    

Most other things really aren't worth their attention, even things that might seem significant to us,  like ways to get a second CSP bonus.

I remember a while back there was a person who reported to NFCU postings where people implied/stated that they had managed to obtain membership through invalid means, but even then it seemed like they weren't that interested, presumably because tracking down the individual was too much work.

So I wouldn't worry!  There are other forums which would be of more concern first.

@Anonymous. @ Longtime

OP,

The bank already has alot more info than is posted on here.  They dont need myfico.  If you found someone that directed you here it is because an individual was trying to help you.

Current Score: EX 712 4/28/15, TU 713 4/14/14 lender pull, EQ 723 9/16/15, 740 EQ bankcard 8 6/1/15 lender pull
Last app 03/12/17

Message 24 of 26
youngman1234
Established Contributor

Wow.... thats crazy you def dont want to get into a relationship with a IRS agent and then cheat or hurt them.. as payback would be harsh...lol

Message 25 of 26
youngman1234
Established Contributor

Just throwing that though out there... I also doubt that anyone really looks at these forums, but still feel better not to devulge entire credit positions that I currently have. 

A little background of my situation I have had credit for like 4 years.. I am 24 and I have experienced alot of things.. I currently have credit lines between 260-280k, and in the past years have seen AA from many lenders. Chase risk closed me and kept giving me a lame excuse for why and the end a senior risk analyst said you have more than enough credit at 21, and we can not open your cards. I have received like 3 Fr's from amex... Passed all of them. Boa risk shut my cards down, and then asked for a bunch of info and the next day I paid off the credit card and they opened me right back up and said sorry and it wont happen again.. I guess i am a little paraniod, but again im 24 I have worked my a** of to build my credit and would never want to ruin it. 

mod edit-mild profanity

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.